Chapter 5

OMG! BBMA's were amazing! The the I Have Questions encore and lyric video!!! Plus the CITC behind the scenes and then she's a GUESS girl now. Then Know No Better!!! Dear lord, please help me...
---

Jacob? As in Jacob Whitesides? I cocked my head to the side leaking out a confused expression . She glanced up at me from under her lashes and sniffled. She slowly nodded her head. My arms found their way wrapping around her body and pulling her closer. She balled her fists into my shirt and began to sob. I rested my chin on top of her head and kissed her hair. I lightly pulled her away making her look me in the eyes. I pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and gazed into her big brown eyes. I didn't speak; I didn't need to. I picked her up resting my hands just below her waist. She wrapped her arms around my neck and legs around my body. I carried her out of the bathroom and out into the bedroom. I set her down on the bed and rested against the headboard.

"Y/n," a whisper escaped her lips.

I looked down at her. Her eyes bored into mine making it impossible to look away. She managed to take a deep breath in and letting a stuttered gush of air out.

"Take your time," I pulled her even closer and rested my forehead against hers.

Her fingers played with the strands of hair at my neck and she finally spoke. "Can we just talk later?" Her eyes found their way back to mine and she said, "Just until I'm able to talk about it."

I nodded my head in understanding. My hands slipped from her sides and reached up to graze her cheeks. My knuckles wiped away the tears that had fallen. I cupped her face and she leaned in, capturing my lips. It was only a brief kiss. She shuddered and buried herself into my chest. I draped an arm across her body and pulled her closer.

I thought Jacob was a good guy. I guess he's not. If Camila doesn't like him then why invite him to her birthday party? I decided not to proceed with the question since Camila was definitely not in the mood. It was hard not to ask since there were millions of questions running through my mind.

Her phone began to ring. She groaned and sat up. She wiped her tear stained cheeks and picked up her phone looking at the caller ID before answering.

"Hello?" She struggled to keep her voice from quivering.

Her hands were shaking and I held her non occupied hand. Her other hand began to stop shaking. She stood up leaving the space next to me empty and cold. She held up a finger signaling for me to hold on and she headed out the bedroom door. She shut the door behind her only leaving the sound of her feet thrumming down the stairs. I grabbed my phone and headed into the bathroom to do my morning routine. While brushing my teeth I couldn't stop reading the little song Camila wrote in her notes. Did Jacob do this to her? Well of course he did but... why?

I pushed that thought to the back of my mind and proceeded to brush my teeth. I stepped out of the bathroom and went downstairs to find Camila on the couch in a ball, her phone in front of her face as she scrolled. She didn't look up when I emerged from the stairs.

"Hey-" my phone buzzed and I fished it out of my pocket.

It was a message from an unknown number. I pinched my eyebrows together and began to read the message.

Hey. It's Roger Gold. You're with Camila, right? I was wondering if she could give me a call. She hasn't answered her phone and I'm needing to talk to her about some business.

Y/n - Business about what?

Roger - I heard she was talking about leaving the group. She wanted to still make music and this is her opportunity.

Y/n - one moment

I set my phone down on the coffee table and crossed over to where Camila was sitting on the couch. I sat next to her and placed my hand on her thigh rubbing small circles with my thumb. I cleared my throat and asked, "Can we talk for a sec?"

She let out a soft and slow sigh and shut her phone off. She looked at me and sucked in a deep breath. She lifted her hand and wiped a stray tear. I took her hand and held it in mine. "It's not about the Jacob thing," I reassured her. The air she recently sucked in was released in a gush of air.

"Roger texted me, Roger Gold. He was talking about you wanting to leave the group?" I watched as she looked down her eyes never looking back up.

"I'm not mad it's just, why didn't you tell me? Have you left yet and is this all because of the Jacob thing?"

She didn't look up or answer so I grabbed her chin and lifted it so her eyes finally met mine. "Just tell me,"

She breathed in a stuttering breath and said, "No I haven't left. I'm just—I can't..." She tried steadying her breathing before speaking again. "I'm so stupid. Why did I even invite Jacob? I knew I shouldn't have but I thought we could've started our friendship back over—though I don't know if we ever had one. Memories just keep coming one after another and I can't stop it. It hurts so much and I just can't. It's going to affect me in the group and I won't be able to work with them and I-"

I pressed my lips against hers. She kissed back eagerly and shut her eyes tight. I broke apart from her and rested my forehead against hers. "Shh," my hands slithered down from her cheeks, down her arms, and clutching her tiny hands in mine. "Just breathe. I understand. Whatever choice you make I will approve. I will stand with you through all of this, okay?"

She shuddered and replied, "Okay." She touched her lips to mine once more before releasing her hands from my hold.

"Oh, Roger wants you to call him. He said you didn't answer."

"I know," she huffed.

I handed her my phone and she called him. I left into the kitchen to grab an apple from the fruit bowl. I grabbed a banana as well and handed it to Camila when I walked back over. In return she smiled and continued to chat with Roger. I ate my apple and grabbed my keys before stuffing them in my back pocket. Camila removed the phone from her ear and handed it to me. I put it in my pocket and raised an eyebrow in question.

"I guess I'm leaving the group," she let a tear slide down her cheek. "Do you want me to tell them?" I asked. She shook her head and said, "I already told them."

"When?"

"Yesterday... Roger wants me at the studio."

"I'll drop you off."

She nodded and headed upstairs to change and freshen up. By the time I finished my apple, she was back downstairs. She grabbed her jacket and phone and gave me a small smile. I gave her a quick kiss before heading out the door and over to my car. She got in the passenger seat and we headed down to the studio.

I parked the car and helped Camila out. We walked to the door and I held it open for her as well. Roger was spotted at the beginning of he hall. He looked over the person's shoulder and his eyes lit up. He excused the woman and walked over to greet us. He noticed Camila's puffy eyes and glanced at me before leading us to the studio. He began talking to Camila about really everything. I checked the time and stood up from my current seat.

"I better get going. Text me when you need to be picked up?" I looked at Camila.

"Stay," she croaked out. "Please stay."