Chapter 6

Camila stood motionless staring back at me with sad eyes. She popped out her lip in a pouty face instantly making me chuckle. I tucked my keys away in my pocket and padded over. She wrapped her arms around my neck while I wrapped mine around her waist in an embrace.

"I love you," she whispered in my ear her hot breath washing over some part of my neck.

I broke apart from the hug and looked in her huge brown eyes. "I love you too."

She grabbed my hand and sat down on the couch patting the cushion next to her. "Sorry, I just don't want to be alone with my emotions," she lifted her eyes to mine with a small smile.

I shrugged and rubbed my thumb across her hand and said, "It's okay. I'll always stay with you know matter what. If you ask me too I will. Anything for you."

Her smile perked up to a grin and she leaned in taking my lips with hers. Her hands found there way to the back of my neck softly playing with the hair there. On the other hand, I cupped her cheeks pulling her head closer to mine deepening the kiss. Things were just getting heated up when someone cleared their throats from the doorway. We both turned our heads to see Roger stepping inside the room.

"Roger you scared me," Camila admitted trying to control her uneven breathing from the small make out session and recent scare.

He walked over to the music board and set a notebook on the stool nearby. After he set down the notebook he looked over at us locking eyes with Camila. "Well you two were too consumed in eachother to even notice I walked in so I had to interrupt before things got awkward," he explained. I glanced at Camila to catch her rolling her eyes with a goofy smile.

"Well it was a bad time to come back," she winked at me when Roger looked away. I grinned and shook my head with a slight chuckle.

"We have music to make so I mean..."

When Roger turned back around to face us, he intently stared at Camila. When Camila realized he was staring she furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "What?"
"Not get any sleep last night?"

Camila's earlier smile disappeared instantly making me concerned. I too realized the dark bags under her eyes. She sluggishly shrugged and glanced at me before staring down at her hands clearly uncomfortable. She drew in a stuttered breath and stood up from her seat looking at me in the process.

"I think I need to some air," she headed for the door but I quickly grabbed her hand. She turned tears ready to spill. She blinked them away and forced a reassuring smile. I gave her a quick kiss before I let go of her hand and she continued towards the door. Once she fully exited the studio I sighed and grasped my hair. A hand landed on my shoulder and in the corner of my eye I saw Roger with a confused expression. I turned around and let my arms fall to my side.

"What was that all about?" He gazed at the door expecting Camila to walk back in at any moment.

"I'm not going to tell people her business. If she wants to tell you then she will."

Roger nodded in understanding and picked up the notebook he set down earlier. He began flipping through pages and writing some stuff down while waiting for Camila's return.

For a moment I thought Camila was going to have a fun happy day but then Roger had to bring that up. I'm not really going to blame him but I just don't want to see her so down. I need to know what happened with her and Jacob. I can't stand this any longer. My eyes flickered over to Roger who was sitting on the stool looking down at the notebook in his hands.

"I'll be right back," I escorted myself out and down the sidewalk looking for Camila. I spotted her by a tree her eyes puffy staring at her hands. A tear rolled down her cheek making my heart shatter. I jogged over and stood by her side for a few silent moments.