1

I sprinted to my door as soon as I heard the knock. "Open it yourself!" I screamed out while running into the living room.

The door opened to Cody standing there with all his luggage. He dropped it instantly when he saw me running towards him.

"I missed you!" I squealed, jumping in his arms.

He caught me and spun us around a few times before stopping and setting me down. "I missed you too baby sis."

"When are we going to grow out of the baby sis thing?" I groan, playfully rolling my eyes at him.

"We can grow out of it when you start growing again." He said patting the top of my head and giving me a small smile.

"That's not fair. I am average height for a girl. 5'5 isn't even short."

"It's not average when your dad and your brother are both taller than 6'3."

"Well sorry I stopped growing."

He flashed me one of his bright smiles and went back to the doorway to pick up his luggage.

"You know where the guest room is. Go unpack then we can go out to lunch before you have to go to your first major league practice!" I said, doing a little happy dance. He chuckled and ruffled my hair up before walking to the guest room.

While he unpacked I went in my room and got ready for lunch, and since I was going to the practice to watch my brother, I made sure I had everything for that too.

I threw on a UCLA practice shirt that we wore last season and tucked it into a pair of extremely ripped jeans. My hair was still pretty straight from me straightening it the day before, so I left it natural. After I put on some mascara, I grabbed my white slip on vans and a pair of socks.

I walked into the guest bedroom and sat on the bed so I could get my shoes on. "Are you ready already?" He asked.

"Yea so hurry up here princess. We don't have all day, you have practice in less than 3 hours, and you still have to do the stadium tour thingy."

"I know, one sec. Just let me go change." He grabbed a set of clothes on his bed and walked into the guest bathroom.

I played with the ends of my hair for what seemed like years until he finally came back out. "You ready?" He asked walking past me.

"Been ready," I said, trying to catch up to him and his long legs.

We took the elevator down to the parking garage and got in my car. "What do you feel like eating?"

"I don't know. Dennys?" He suggested.

I nodded and started the car. While we were driving, he started telling me about what I'd been missing in his life, which wasn't much since we call each other almost every other day while we're apart.

"What about you?" He asked. "How's softball been going?"

"Well the season doesn't start for a few weeks, but hopefully it goes as well as last year. It might even be better since three of the five seniors that left were pitchers. Since they're gone, I'll probably pitch more now."

We pulled in the parking lot and walked in. Since it wasn't that crowded we got seated immediately.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" A lady came by and handed us our menus.

"Can I have an ice tea?" Cody asked.

"Of course. And for you?" She turned to me.

"I'll take a Shirley temple please." She nodded and walked away, but was back almost instantly with our drinks.

"I was surprised they didn't pitch you more often last year. You're the teams only left-handed pitchers. Plus softball girls struggle hitting lefty pitchers unless they're batting lefty already. At least I think that's how it goes." He looked at me with his eyebrows raised in confusion, "It's different than baseball, and that's about all I know."

I laughed and nodded, "Yea that's how it goes. After all, lefties are rare in softball. It seems like no girls are left handed. Only the guys."

Instead of getting a reply or at least an acknowledgment of what I had just said, I got a straw wrapper shot at my face. I looked up and saw Cody holding the straw in between his teeth, laughing at me.

"You're so annoying." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"You love me though."

"I don't have much choice," I said shrugging.

He gave me a whack on my head with his menu before laughing.

"So are you nervous for tonight?" I asked him while looking through the menu, trying to figure out what I wanted to eat.

"I'm not that nervous. By the time Joc's off the DL, they'll be sending me back down. I'm still young, so this is how it's going to be for the next few years."

"Don't say that. You're going do so well that they'll beg you to stay."

"Thanks, Sis." He smiled at me before turning his attention to the waitress who was here to take our order.

"Can I have the mozzarella sticks with a side salad please."

"What kind of dressing?"

"Ranch please."

She nodded then turned to Cody.

"And can I have the spaghetti meal with a side soup?" Cody asked.

"Of course. And what kind of soup?"

"Surprise me." He smirked and sent her a not so playful wink.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled when she walked away. "I thought you were done always messing around with girls."

"I wasn't messing around with her. I was just being nice." He said, playfully throwing his hands up in surrender.

When the waitress came back with our food, she put down a set of napkins. I picked the one of the top of the stack of and showed it to Cody. "Yea I don't think she thinks you were just playing around." I laughed as he took the napkin with the girl's phone number.

He continued to flirt with her every time she came over to check on us and how our food was. I couldn't help but laugh every time Cody would cause her cheeks to flutter a crimson red.

When we were finally done, Cody took the check out of my hands and paid for it himself. He can be so frustrating at times. He never lets me pay for my own things when he's with me.

We got in the car and headed to Dodgers stadium. "Are you doing the tour with me?"

"Am I even allowed to?" I asked.

"I'm sure you are. Why wouldn't you be?"

I shrugged. We stayed silent for a few minutes until we pulled into the stadium parking lot.

"You ready?" I asked.

Cody's dreamt of being a Dodger since we were kids; this was huge for him.

He chuckled and looked at me. "I sure hope so, Clo." He got out of the car and started walking over to my side.

I got out too and stood by him m. "C'mon it's just a practice. You're going to do great." I reassured him.

"Thanks, baby sis." He wrapped me in one of his oh so famous hugs and planted a kiss on the top of my head. I don't know where I'd be without my brother. He's always been my best friend.

"Well let's go in. You ready to become a superstar?" I asked.

"More than ready."