9

I weaved through the crowds of people trying to find my dad. The boys left tomorrow night after their game but since my dad had to go back to his shift tomorrow morning, he was taking me and Cody out for mini-golfing then dinner.

     Once I had found him, I seated myself next to where he and the players girls and family were sitting.

    We watched the boys take the field and cheered when they called Cody's name in the infield line up. We hadn't expected Cody to play much for a while because Adrian had come back and that's the position he had playing after Joc came back, but at the game last night Andrew Toles took a bad one off the wall and ended up tearing his ACL. Now Cody would be playing left field for what was most likely the rest of the season.

      Alex was starting pitching today and quickly struck the first two batters out. Puig got the third out in right and the boys ran back off the field.

    Cody was leading off today and was being followed by Corey of course. Cody hit a single to left and Corey got him in by hitting a double in the gap. Justin popped out then Adrian grounded out. Puig struck out to end the inning.

     The rest of the game dragged on with only 3 more runs in all being scored. We ended up winning though 3-1 so I guess you could say it was all worth it.

     Corey came and said goodbye before he had to go in the locker room cause he knew I'd be out with my dad and brother all night. The girls cooed and smirked when he gave me a passionate kiss goodbye.

    "You don't know how many girls in LA would kill to be you." Ellen said laughing while bouncing Cali on her knee.

     "You're the one married to the ace!"

    "You're the one dating the hotshot!" She said laughing.

    "Were not dating." I laughed lightly to show the subject wouldn't bother me because it honestly didn't. Knowing Corey cared about me was enough for me. I'm not a big labels person, though it wouldn't hurt to be exclusive with Corey.

"You guys sure act like you do. I see you guys cozying up and smooching each other whenever you're together."

"He just knows I'm nervous about relationships, I've been been in one before." I admitted.

Ellen gasped and looked at me like I was crazy. "You're joking! 21 years and not one relationship?"

"I was on the road most my life. I never went to public school before college since my dad homeschooled me and Cody. Plus Cody was always super overprotective. He's eased up a little since I started college but he's still all over Corey." I said, chuckling a bit at the last part.

"Well there's always a first for everything."

I nodded in agreement and said my goodbyes to all the girls before meeting up with my dad and Corey outside the clubhouse.

We walked to the players parking garage and got in my dads car. "Golf or dinner first?" He asked.

"Golf." Cody and I replied in unison.

He nodded and we drove the short drive to the boomers we use to go to a lot as kids during offseason. Even though Cody and I both offered, Dad wouldn't let us pay. He said no matter how successful kids are, they should never pay for their parents.

We got our clubs and our golf balls and started at the first hole. Dad playfully rolled his eyes while Cody and I took our turns setting up from the left side.