37

"I'm gonna go down to the locker room with the rest of the guys now babe. Love you." Corey kisses my cheek and descends the hallway to meet up with his friends.

   "I have to go too, Clo. I'm supposed to go bitch BP to your brother." My dad says.

    "Awe man. Everyone's leaving me." I reply with a fake frown.

    "Just go hang out with Ellen and Cali then. Unless you wanna pitch BP to Cody."

    "Oh my gosh! Can I?!" Pitching to my brother was always fun. And it's even cooler to think I'd be helping him warm up for the home run derby.

    "Oh my gosh! I don't care!" My dad attempts to mock me using an overly high pitched squeal.

    We both walk down to the batting cages where Cody was waiting.

    "Took you long enough to get down here Dad. What are you doing down here Clo? I thought you'd for sure be hanging out with your 'lil boy toy."

    "I'm going to pitch BP to you. And why are you calling him a boy toy? Let's not forget that you're the one who got a chick pregnant."

    "Okay! Let's not bring that topic back up again please." Our dad says.

    He starts to set everything up, and Cody walks to the batter box.

    After a few wild pitches from my father, Cody gives me a look. I understand what he wants me to do.

    "Loosen up Dad," I say with a laugh. His throws were going all over the place. He seemed more nervous than Cody did.

    "It's kinda hard Clo. I can't get my hand to stop shaking."

    I walk towards him, and Cody leaves the box to join us.

    "Dad that's not good. How long has it been doing that?" Cody asks.

    "Just a few weeks. It's fine guys, I'm just stressing about this. Clo can you pitch to your brother please. I'm gonna go take a walk to see if it'll calm itself down."

    "Yea I got it, Dad."

    "K twins, I'll be back soon."

    Our dad left, and Cody gave me a strange look before grabbing a bucket and sitting down. I grabbed the one a few feet away and sat down next to him.

    "That's not good. His hand should not be doing that." Cody sighs.

     I nod my head in agreement. "Yea, I know. But Dad's stubborn. He wouldn't listen to us if we were to tell him that."

    Cody shook his head. "I don't wanna think about that right now. Let's talk about you. Anything new with you and Corey?"

    "You were just with us at lunch." I chuckle.

    "Well yea, but a lot could have happened in the few hours." He nudges me and smirks.

    I feel the heat rise to my cheeks, and I knew it was obvious that something had happened in those few hours.

    "Oh my gosh!" Cody squeals and claps his hands like a little girl. "Something did happen! Tell me!"

    "Guess." I laugh.

     "Oh my gosh, you finally did it didn't you. You were finally ready!" I put my hand over his mouth to hide his shouting.

    "Shut up, Dad will hear you."

     He licked my hand so I'd take it off his mouth. "Eew Cody! You're so gross."

    "I just can't believe it." My brother says with a laugh. "I knew it would happen sooner or later, but still." He smirks.

    "Shut up!" I slap him and laugh, even though it obvious how embarrassed I am.

    "Don't be doing a lot of that though Clo. Sex takes sooooo much energy. You don't have the energy to burn."

    "What are you guys talking about?" My dad comes back down and steps into the cages. His hand had stopped shaking, and he physically looked calmer.

    "Sex," Cody replies bluntly.

     My dad rolls his eyes but doesn't push on the conversation any further which, thank god, meant we didn't have to wander into a discussion about my new found "sex life."

    "Did you guys even hit at all?"

     "Nope. We were catching up on life. It's extremely important that I know what's going on in my sister's life Dad." Cody says, pursing his lips.

    "You guys live together. What possibly could there be to catch up on?"

    "A lot can happen in a few hours," I say, quoting Cody.

    "Well you guys can talk about it after the derby, now's not the time. Especially not now because Cody, you're on deck next."

    Both me and Cody's heads turn quickly towards the tv screen.

    "Oh god, let's go guys!" Cody panicks.

    Our dad took his hand out of his pocket, revealing that it was shaking once again. "I can't Cody," He mumbles. "I'm sorry son, your sister's going to have to pitch to you."

    Cody's face had an evident frown across it. He was looking forward to Dad pitching to him for this. It's always been one of their dreams.

    I put my hand on his shoulder and squeezed it. He gave me a small smile before walking out of the cages and down the hall. I followed him, and together we walked to the field.

    "You okay?" I ask while we make our way towards the rest of the players.

    "Yea, I'm just bummed. But it's okay; I'm still here which is freaking crazy. And besides, I have my baby sis to pitch to me. I'm still the luckiest guy here." He ruffles my hair and pulls me into a hug.

    "I'm proud of you Cods," I say into the hug. He doesn't reply, just squeezes tighter.

    When he finally let's go, he steps away, grabbing a bat and taking some practice swings. He was in game mode. I, on the other hand, was not. I still had four minutes until I had to go out there to pitch to Cody. Those four minutes gave me just enough time to talk to my boyfriend.

    "It's my girl!" Corey exclaims when he sees me walking towards him. "What are you doing on the field?" He asks after pecking me on the lips.

    "My dad can't pitch to Cody, so I am."

    "Babe that's awesome! Are you excited?"

    "Kinda nervous to be honest. Pitching a baseball is a lot different than pitching a softball."

    "Yea it is, but you'll do fine. They just called Cody's name so get out there. I love you." He gave me one more quick kiss before I jogged over to my brother.

    "You ready for this?" I ask Cody while we walk out together, unfazed by the cameras surrounding us from every angle.

    "I think so, just don't fuck up your pitches and we'll both be fine."

     I slap his arm, and we both laugh. I hug him before he takes off to the plate and me to the mound.

    I close my eyes and take a deep breath, praying I wouldn't screw this up for my brother.

    The announcer's voice blasted through, and the stadium fell quiet, every ear listening to what the reporter had to say.

    "Ladies and gentlemen, your next batter- Cody Bellinger! The 22-year-old rookie is making his first derby appearance and is being pitched to by no one other than his twin sister Cloe."

    They ended the short introduction and before I knew it, the time started, and I was lobbing pitching in there for Cody to hit.