45

I squeezed Cody's hand, looking at him before turning back towards the judge. Both of us had tears in our eyes while we waited for Bryce's verdict to be announced.

"Mr. Harper, Mr. Bellinger, and Miss. Bellinger would you please stand and face the jury." The guy who spoke had a deep and intimidating voice; something that wasn't helping the anxiety I was already filled with.

Cody and I did as told and I watched with anger in my eyes as Bryce stood, adjusting his suit while he did so.

His wife and his parents were sitting in the front row of the seats on Bryce's side.

Behind me on my and Cody's side was Corey, my dad, Joc, Ellen, and Kersh. A lot of the others on the team wanted to come, but Cody insisted that they didn't.

I took a deep breath and put my head down, praying for a conviction. Corey put his hand on the wooden railing in front of him, and even though I'm probably not supposed to, I grabbed it, feeling comfort when he laced his fingers with mine.

"The Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, in the matter of Cloe Jamison Bellinger and brother Cody James Bellinger against Bryce Aron Max Harper- case number C16075511."

I squeezed my eyes tight, waiting for what was about to be said. Corey had his hand on his forehead and covering his eyes like he was afraid to look. Kersh has his hand on Ellen's thigh, her resting her hand on his while she tapped his foot nervously. My dad was sitting directly behind Cody so I couldn't see him, but all I wanted at this moment was a hug from my daddy. I'm terrified.

The speaker continued, his voice sending chills down my spine. "We the jury of the above-entitled action find the defendant, Bryce Aron Max Harper, not guilty of the crimes of sexual assault, sexual assault upon a minor, and statuary rape, felonies upon Cloe Jamison Bellinger."

The tears rolled down my face immediately while cheers came from Bryce's side. I felt sick when I watched him lean over the railing and kiss his wife.

I wasn't paying attention to the judge while he announced Cody's case, and frankly, neither was my brother.

I turned and fell into him, sobbing into his chest.

Corey got up, stomping out of the room with Joc following right behind him. Everything was happening, and I couldn't process all of it.

The only thing I knew right now was that Bryce Harper raped me, and he had gotten away with it.

"C'mon Cloe, let's leave." My dad grabbed my hand and Cody's arm, leading us out of the building.

Corey was there waiting, his tear-stained face matching Joc's and the Kershaws'. Everyone was a mess.

We all stood in a circle, not saying anything. Cameras were surrounding us, and there were people screaming questions they wanted me to answer.

"You're fucking kidding me," Joc whispered, causing me to look up.

Bryce was walking towards us.

Corey instinctively pulled me behind him so that he was in between me and Bryce.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Ellen stepped in front of the 6'3 bearded man. She wasn't standing there for long before Clayton stepped in front of his wife to ensure that he was the one squared up to Bryce.

"I just wanted to make sure you guys have Cloe set up for a mental health check. I know deep down in my heart that Cloe's a good person and wouldn't make up lies like she did if she was fully mentally stable. Even with the trouble you've caused to my career and the life I live, my family and I are constantly praying for Cloe." Bryce spoke, looking directly at me while did so, even with there being three people in front of where I was standing.