7

Cloe's POV

    "Talk about what?" I asked, unbuckling my seatbelt and scooting in the middle seat next to him.

    I watched him sigh and my confusion grew. "I know there's more." He said.

   "What do you mean there's more?"

   "You're brother told me everything. And by everything I mean absolutely all of it. I know about you trying to overdose and starve yourself. I know all of it." I wanted to gasp but I didn't. I was genuinely shocked. Why would Cody tell him?

   I looked down in shame. I didn't want him to know that. I didn't wanna give him more  reasons to see me the way I saw myself, but now that he knows, that's how he will see me from now on.

   My lip started slowly and I felt tears forming in my eyes. He started calling my name but I couldn't look up. I couldn't look him in the eye and admit to all of it.

   This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I don't want to give him reasons to leave.

   "Cloe do you think this is gonna change how I feel about you?" I heard him but I didn't reply. I felt his fingers under my chin as he lifted it up and forced me to look him in the dead in the eye.

   "Do you think this is gonna change how I feel about you?" He repeated in a sterner and louder voice. The tears rolled down my cheeks and I slowly nodded.

   Instead of replying, he wiped my tears with his thumb before wiping his own that had started falling. He wrapped me in his arms and kissed my forehead. "Nothing's ever gonna change the way I feel about you. I promise. I promise Cloe." He whispered in my ear. I pressed my face against his chest and silently cried. I could hear him crying too.

   "You listen to me," he started to say, "I care about you so much, so much more than you know, and so much more then what should be possible for the short time we've known each other. My life has become so much better since I met you, and I never want to be in a world without you in it. So you're gonna stay strong for me okay? I'm gonna be right here with you to help, I promise."

    We were quiet for a while before I spoke up. "What's wrong with me?" I asked sniffling.

   "Absolutely nothing is wrong with you. It's everyone else that is messed up."

   We sat together in silence. While I was in his arms I feel safe. I felt like no one could hurt me, not even myself.                                                              

   Corey's POV

   I sat there holding her. Seeing her cry broke my heart in half. This girl had been through too much and she didn't deserve any of it.

"You ready to go to the field?" I asked softly. She sat up, giving me a small nod. She went to scoot over to go back to her seat but I pulled her back. I wanted her right next to me.

I turned my hazards off and merged back on the road. I took Cloe's hand and held it tight.

  Cloe's POV

Corey pulled in the stadium and into the players parking garage. "Don't be mad at your brother okay? He's just making sure someone's always there to keep you safe." He said while helping me out of the truck.

I know I shouldn't be mad at Cody for telling Corey, but I still was a little mad. I decided I would talk to him about it later tonight.

"Come here."