46

"When are you going to wake her up?" I heard Cody's voice. He was talking to Corey, who had been sitting on the bed next to me for at least a half-hour.

"Let her wake up on her own; she needs the rest."

I've been awake for a while, but the boys didn't know that. I wasn't in the mood, nevertheless the right state of mind, to socialize; even if it is with Corey or my brother.

"I have to leave early for Nicole's appointment, and I want to talk to her before I go to bed."

I had forgotten entirely about Cody's appointment tomorrow. He was finally going to get to find out the gender of his baby.

"She's had a long day Cody. I'm sure she'll feel better once you're back tomorrow."

Cody sighed, but I heard his footsteps, indicating that he had left the room.

The room was silent, the only sound that could be deciphered was the scribbling of a pencil. Corey was writing something down.

I shifted, stretching out my legs and my arms. Rolling over, I rested my head on Corey's thigh.

I looked up at him, feeling comfort when my gaze met his.

He set his notebook aside and gently started running his fingers through my unbrushed hair.

"You're awake," his voice soft and hushed.

I nodded, not wanting to speak just yet. I clicked the button on his phone to try and see the time.

11:38 pm.

"You need to get some food in you, babe."

"I can make you something," Corey suggests, and I shake my head. "I can order you something then," but I shake my head no again.

Corey sighs, "Please don't be stubborn with me right now, Cloe."

I looked away. I didn't necessarily feel hungry, but I knew Cody was right. I still need to eat.

"Can you make me a quesadilla?" I ask, my voice raspy due to my 11-hour long nap.

He nods, getting up from the bed and kissing my forehead. "Of course."

When he leaves, I take the blankets he had been using, wrapping myself in them.

Still in my little blanket cocoon, I sit up so I can search the bedside table for the remote. My eyes were instead lying upon the yellow spiral notebook Corey had set aside one I "woke up."

I grabbed it and went to the page bookmarked with a black ink pen.

                                                                          Baby Names

Boys                                                                                                                                                            Girls

-Cole*                                                                                                                                            -Cati (Katie)

-Conner                                                                                                                                        -Caia (Kaya)

-Chason                                                                                                                                        -?