28

The atmosphere was still tense when Cody and I got in our dad's car. After both conversations that were brought up on the way to the game, there was plenty of stuff we should have been talking about- it just wasn't stuff we wanted to have to talk about.

    I took a small breath of relief when the topic Dad finally brought up was Cody's and not mine.

    "How far along is this girl Cody? And why doesn't she want to be apart of her kids life?" Wow Dad, way to ease that in there.

     "Her names Nicole, Dad. She's about 10 weeks and she doesn't wanna be in her kids life because she's a bratty bitch." Cody says, clearly pissed off by the Nicole part of the topic.

Dad chuckled and raised his eyebrow. "Care to elaborate on that last part?"

"She doesn't wanna be apart of our kid's life because she wants to be able to party and get wasted and be a no good mom just like ours was. I literally had to pay her to stay out of trouble just until she has our kid."

"Wow, if you're comparing her to your mother she really must be a bitch." Dad snorted. I hold back a gasp and laugh loudly.

"I wouldn't say she's as bad as our mom, but she's pretty bad." Cody's chuckle made me laugh again and it was long before all three of us could probably be heard from anyone outside of our car.

We finally pulled into the parking lot to whatever place Dad had picked for us all to hang out. "Did we have to leave Henry behind?" I ask with a pout.

"Corey can handle Henry for the night, don't you think?" Dad asks with a chuckle.

"Yea isn't he the 'puppy daddy' after all?" Cody puts air quotes around puppy daddy and makes a weird face while saying it.

"Don't say it like that, you make it sound weird when you say it like that." I say slapping his chest.

He laughs and we both drop the topic and run to catch up to our dad. When we reach the door it finally hits me where Dad had picked for us to go. I look up at him and he gave me a small smile.

"Sushi, Dad?"

"Cmon Clo, you've always loved sushi. Let's try it out."

I sighed but walked in with them. I had three games tomorrow morning and I knew I would need to put something in my body to make it through them. And as much as I hated even the idea of eating anything right now, the thought of passing out on a game that will be on live tv sounded even worse.

We were sat down quickly and given our menus. The waitress took our drink orders and by the time she came back we were ready to order. The boys both got a variety of multiple rolls. They always had a contest to see who could eat the most of all the different kinds. I got a Cali roll with the eel sauce and spicy mayo.

There were tvs surrounding the whole place and we fixated our attention to the one that was showing the highlights from tonight's game.

The lady came with my plate first before coming back with a huge tray that held Dad and Cody's. The boys start gulping down theirs while I silently chewed on mine.

None of talked much while we ate since the boys were so focused on trying to stuff their faces as much as they could.

When we finally decided we were finished, i had eaten more then half of my roll. I put my remaining three pieces in a to-go box and walk with my dad and brother to the car.

We still had a few hours left before I had to be in bed for the curfew my coach had set for us so we decided to go to the batting cages since it wouldn't take long.

I sat on a bucket behind the net while Dad fed the pitching machine and Cody took the first at bat. We switched the balls to the softball so I could take my at bat. I was making solid contact and by the time my bucket was empty, I was feeling really confident for my at bats tomorrow.

"I think it's time to get Cloe to bed now." Dad says, shutting down the machine and picking up the cluster of balls around him.

"What about you Dad, aren't you gonna hit?" Cody asks with a laugh.

"I haven't swung a bat in a few years and oh guys know that."

Cody looks at me and smirks. "He's just finally coming to the conclusion that left handed people are just better." He says quietly yet still making sure it was loud enough for Dad to hear.

"I'll cut a deal with you guys, if you both hit over .300 in the rest of you games this weekend I'll get back in the cage, if you guys don't, you both have to buy me dinner."

Cody and I both laughed and shook his hand. We walked back to the car and drove to Corey's since I was staying there tonight. He was driving me to the games in the morning and my dad and brother would have time to have breakfast in the morning together.

We all came in and I was instantly greeted by Henry and Blue, Joc's dog. I let the boys all chit chat while I excused myself and went to Corey's room to make sure I had everything I need. My uniform was in the locker room so I won't have to suit up in the morning or anything like that which was easy on me.

"Hey baby." Corey says coming into the room with his arms open.

I smile and accept his hug.

"I heard you ate most your sushi tonight- that's really good Clo." He says, kissing my forehead.

I never really know what to say when he brings the topic up so I stay silent and just give him another smile.

He grabs my hand and we walk out into the living room to say goodbye to my family and goodnight to the boys.

I hugged my brother and dad before handing them Henry to take back home. I say goodnight to Trayce and Joc before going back to Corey's room. He hands me a hoodie to change into and while I do he turns off the lights and turns on the tv.

"I finally get to watch one of your games tomorrow." He says while we both crawl under the warm covers.

"Don't get too excited, they're just showcase games." I say with a small laugh.

"I'm sorry I can't make the games on Sunday too, but I'm glad I get to watch your games tomorrow."

"It's fine Corey, don't worry about it. You guys have a day game on Sunday, I get it." I knew he wanted to be there but his game was way more important then any showcase games.

"Okay. Get some sleep now Clo, goodnight, I love you." He kisses my forehead before pulling me closer to him.

"I love you too Corey. Please make sure I don't sleep in tomorrow." I say and we both laugh. I love my sleep and any extra minute I could get in, I without a doubt would.

"I'll make sure you wake up on time. Go to bed now princess."