4

Cloe's POV

It's been exactly ten days since my brother came. Corey and I have hung out almost every day since. I've gotten to watch my brother do fantastic at the plate and on the field. He even gets to stay another ten days since another player got put on the DL.

Nothing's happened between Corey and me yet. There's this obvious spark between us, but both of us are too scared to light it.

Cody thinks I'm just paranoid since I had never really been in an actual relationship before. He's probably right.

Right now I was sitting outside my complex waiting for Corey to come pick me up. They had just gotten back from a short road trip, so they had an off day. Corey was picking me up so we could see a movie then go out for sushi.

I waited until he pulled up in his black truck. I got in the passenger's side and was greeted by him. "So I was talking to the guys, the ones I live with, and they all want to hang out with you. We just got our new jacuzzi in so we were going to use it tonight. Do you want a tag along? You can invite Cody too, the guys all really like him."

"Sounds great, but I don't have a suit."

"I can drive you back after sushi, or you could ask Cody to bring you one."

I nodded and texted Cody to tell him the plans.

"What movie are we going to see?" I asked.

He smirked and replied, "Guardians of the Galaxy. Since I liked the first one."

I laughed at his childishness. We sang along to the music he was blasting, country of course, and stopped by a dollar store about a mile away from the theater.

"You brought your purse right?" He asked while he parked and got out.

"Yes and the blanket you asked for."

"Sweet. I'm really craving some candy right now."

"Then let's stop standing in the parking lot and go get some." I said and started skipping ahead of him. He ran after me and pushed down on my shoulders to stop me from skipping more.

"I'm sorry, do you have a problem with my skipping?"

"No, but you skip too fast. I can't keep up." He was out of breath from his short run.

"Remind me again how you're a professional athlete."

"I play baseball. I hardly run."

I chuckled while grabbing a basket and going straight to the section with all the candy. "What are you gonna get?" He whispered in my ear.

"Something sour. Why are you whispering?"

"I don't really know." His breath was hot, and it tickled in my ear. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

He grabbed a bag of skittles and a random bag of M&Ms. I got a bag of the sour airhead bite things and bag of the pretzel M&Ms. "You go get the chips; I'll go get the sodas. What kind do you want?" Corey asked.

"Diet Coke please." I didn't bother asking him what kind of chips he wanted because he could honestly eat any kind you put in front of him. He wasn't picky when it came to junk food whatsoever.

I grabbed his chips and met him by the front. We went through the self-checkout and put everything in a bag. I had pulled my card out and was about to pay when he took it out of my hand.

"What did I tell you every other time you've tried to pay?" He said while holding my card up in the air since he knew I wasn't tall enough to get it.