3

Cloe's POV

Corey and I sat at the top and just talked. He told me about his brothers and his parents and what being in the major league is like. I found out his middle name is Drew and that he likes to blast country music, much to his roommate's dismay.

When he started asking me questions I was hesitant to respond.

He asked me what it was like traveling all the time and getting to grow up with the pros. He wondered what it was like being a twin and if it's the same as if e were just my older brother.

I told him the simple things like how my middle name is Jamison to match Cody's middle name which is James; that my favorite food is sushi and that I completely dislike cake.

"So you and Cody basically have the same middle names? That's pretty sick."

"Yup Cody James Bellinger and Cloe Jamison Bellinger."

"I've never met guy-girl twins before."

"Yea they're pretty rare I guess, and we're both left-handed which I guess adds to the complexity of us."

"So your mom was left handed because I don't remember your dad being left handed when I watched him."

"Yea."

"There are times I wish I were left-handed, but then I wouldn't be able to play shortstop."

"Yea it limits you in the field, but it's great to be a left-handed pitcher."

"Do you play softball?"

"I play at UCLA."

"Oh damn, so you're still in college?"

"Yea but I'm a junior, so I'm done next year."

"What are you majoring in?''

"Sports medicine. I think it'd be cool to be an athletic trainer."

"Yea it would be. You could be a major league trainer."

I laughed and shook my head. "That'd be cool, but I doubt it could happen."

I didn't wait for him to reply before talking again. "The guys are all taking the field. Shouldn't you be practicing?" I asked while trying to find Cody. It wasn't long before I saw him standing below us in center.

"No this is a AAA practice. That's why there aren't that many people there. It's the players that are usually brought up from the Dodgers AAA team and the ones that are on the roster right now. Like Trayce, he's in right field right now, he gets sent down and brought back up because of some problems with his back, so there are times where they send him down because he needs to take things easy."

"God that has to be tough. I hope that doesn't happen to Cody."

"It probably will once or twice, but I've watched a lot of film from your brother's games. He's good. They'll find a spot for him in the years to come."

I nodded, processing what he was telling me.

Corey and I made more small talk until they started doing batting practice. Cody was one of the first few up, and I wanted to watch him.

They didn't give him many pitches, only about 20, but he hit almost all of them well. He sent 4 out of the park and almost all the rest were line drives to the outfield. One was a blooper that fell right in front of second and the other lousy hit was a soft grounder to third. l.

"There's only a few batters left after Cody. Do you want to start heading down? I can introduce you to the rest of the guys before your brother finishes." Corey asked me once Cody was done batting.