Scars and Heartbeat

Months passed and it was soon Jill's birthday. She was turning 12 and she's always wanted to go ice skating. So I bought her a pair of skates and one for myself as well and I took her to a frozen pond near the village.

"Jack how much longer?" She whined.

"Not much longer, I promise." I said turning around to look at her. We walked a little longer and then we finally made it. I stood in the snow looking out on the Crystallize water, how it sparkled in the sunlight.

"Yeah," Jill scream running to the ponds edge. I ran to catch up to her, she was so excited, she was like a kid in a candy shop. She sat in the snow and held up her feet to me.

"Come on Jack let's go, come on, come on!"

"Alright, alright," I said slipping her shoes off. Then I grabbed one of her skates in my hand and sleeper it onto one of her tiny feet. I pound on the skate, making sure it was on her foot right and secure, than I tied the laces. I did the same with the other skate. I told her to scoot up so the bottom of her feet were touching the ice, then I helped her stand up. My arms dreading her as she slowly stood up.

"Alright, start sliding your feet across the ice," I told her. She started to move her feet forward, and soon she started to move forward and faster. Then suddenly she skated out of my reach, she didn't go out far, but she was managed not to fall on her butt. Then she turned around the most elegant way I have ever seen, when she saw me she smiled and giggle.

"Well, for someone you hasn't skated at all, you pretty much got the hang of it. Your must be a fast learner," I said.

"Yep," she said rubbing it in.

"Come on, Jack," she said beckoning me to come.

"I'll be there in a minute I got to get my skates on. But yo go on and skate some more," I said sitting down in the snow.

"Kay," she replied.

I slipped my shoes off, the cold nipping at the bottom of my feet. I grabbed my skate and I was about to put it on when I hear...Crack! My eyes shot up, Jill stood there, she was looking down at her feet, my eyes followed her' s and I saw what she was staring at. Cracks forming in the ice and she was standing right on them, I could see her body starting to tremble in fear.

"Jack," she whispered looking up at me.

"Your okay," I said trying to calm her down as I got up. I placed my skates on the snow and I slowly placed my feet on the ice. Sending millions of chills all through my body, I slowly walked to Jill as much as I could without breaking the ice.

"Jack, I'm scared," she said as the cracks got bigger.

"Don't worry, your fine, I won't let anything bad happen to you."

I had to stop, if I got any closer, the ice will break for sure and she will fall. Then my foot kicked something, I looked down, it was a long stick at the end of it, it curved in so it looked like a staff like hook. I grabbed it and I told Jill something I can't remember, something to make her calm down as I wrapped the hook end around her and told her to grab it and hold on tight. I counted to three.

"1..." I said.

The cracks got bigger.

"2..."

Wider, louder.

"3," I pulled and I moved forward as she moved back to the edge of the pond. It was fast, it was quick, I saved her, she landed on the snow safe and sound. I looked at her, she looked at me, I heard a loud CRACK! Then she vanished and I was in the water, the ice cold water surrounding me, pouring into my lounges, drowning me. She was the last thing I saw, my sister, safe, she was safe because of me, then all I saw was darkness as the water consumed me.