The Final Step

If you don't carry out the plan...everyone you love will die.

The morning was silent, peaceful as I stood there still and quiet. Three days, it's been three days since I showed Elsa what's happening between Jack...and Tooth. I had went down to check on her periodically but every time I did I was shooed off in a hurry. I've been giving her food, but every time I went down to retrieve the tray, the plate was still full. I have been begging her to eat, but she gave me no answer as she continued to watch Welshin. Watching as she slowly crumples from the pain and agony. Elsa...what are you doing to yourself? You haven't eaten in days, I doubt you sleep at all, Elsa...poor Elsa...what have I done to you?

Walking down the stairs to the cellar, a tray in my hands as a plate full of food laid upon it. The walls were black from the little light that surrounded me. It was cold and silent as I walked down the spiral stair case. The wooden door came into sight as I got closer to it, as I got closer to the room. Stopping in front of the dark wooden door, hesitating as I reached for the copper handle, pushing the little nob that unlocked the door down. I sighed, pushing on the door as it creaked open.

The cold icy air hit me as if death himself had walked right through me. The room silent as life had vanished from it's existences. I dim blue light illuminated from the corner of the room, walking to it I knew I would the person I was looking for. The person who had mourned for her lover, for her lost. I had expected her to be there...but I hadn't expected her condition to be so bad. Dropping the tray as it made a violent clang against the floor, my hands shaking as my eyes widen. There she was...faced down on the floor, still and silent, her hands cringed as if they hooked onto the floor, clawing to it. Her braid beginning to unravel from pain and madness.

"Welshin!" I demanded as I rushed to Elsa in great worry.

"Stop and leave," I said calmly as I kneeled in front of Elsa, turning her over as I held her head and shoulders in my arms. Welshin had obeyed, leaving me as it know I was filled with concern and that I was not mad at it. I wasn't mad at Welshin, it was only doing what Elsa had asked, what...I had asked. She was weak and feeble as she laid still in my arms, her face pale as her eyes remained close.

"Elsa," I cooed softly. Hoping for a response.

"Elsa," I cooed again. No response and I begin to panic.

"Elsa wake up! Say something! Anything!" I shouted desperately.

I stared down at her waiting anxiously and finally...her eyes had open. Dull, gray, pale eyes greeted me with a broken gaze, eyes that showed the pure emotion of pain. Her eyes looked shattered as if they were made of glass, eyes that were as lifeless as their owner. Her eyes were screaming why while her heart was breaking in a trembling scream. She stared at me, emotionless, lifeless, laying like a cold corpse ready to be buried. She was not dying, but she felt like she was and I bet...she wishes to be dead.

"Elsa?" I questioned softly.

At first she said nothing, but then her pale lips moved to mutter something even I wasn't expected.

"He's gone," she muttered through her trembling lips, her hoarse voice barely able to go above a whisper from all the cries she screamed.

"He's gone," she repeated once more, still trying to grasp the meaning behind those word. I said nothing as I held her gingerly in my arms.

"I......I don't understand..." She spoke desperately, lifting her left arm in the air as she tried to reach for something. Her eyes following her hand as tears streamed down her cheeks, her hand stopping in mid-air as if she was caressing someone's cheek or holding someone's face.