The Secret the Walls allowed Me to Hear

The rays of the sun peeked through my bedroom window as they shone on my eyes. Waking me from my slumber like a bucket of cold water being poured on my body. I sat up, clutching my forehead as I felt dizzy. I groaned, sitting still as I allowed the pain in my head to fade away. Two small, slim arms wrap around my waist.

"Jack what's wrong?" She cooes. Her voice as soft as rose petals and warm as a fireplace.

I looked down at her, her eyes looked up at me with concern and worry. I smiled, placing my hand on her cheek as she leaned into my touch.

"It's nothing go back to bed."

"Are you sure?"

I brought my face closer to her's, brushing my lips against her soft ones. She moaned as she wrapped her arms around me, her nails digging into my bare skin.

"I'm sure, Tooth."

I slammed my lips into hers, her lips moving with want and need. I moaned clutching the bed as I slipped my tongue into her mouth, groaning with satisfaction.

Tooth.

My girlfriend.

My lover.

❄ Pitch's P.O.V, The Past ❄

The cold winter air bit my nose and cheeks, my breath became an icy fog with every exhale. Slush was the sound my feet made against the snow. My worn out coat draped my body to protect from the icy cold. Doing it's best to keep the cold out and to keep the warm in. I was walking home, walking away from my encounter with the two boys. Wondering if they would really keep their promise like they should. I sighed, a puff of icy fog escaping my mouth as it emerged in front of my eyes. I continued to walk home in silence, allowing myself not to think, not to speak, and not to be seen. I was only 10 feet from home when...

"PITCH!"

I looked up, snapping my head to the voice that had spoken my name. A smile as warm as the spring morning beamed on my face like sunlight. My vibrant green eyes beamed with joy and I began to run.

"DAD!" I yelled running to him.

He smiled, his brown hair framing his face beautifully as his brown eyes beamed with delight. He crouched down, laughing as he spread his arms out wide. I ran into them, their comforting warmth wrapping around me as I was lifted off the ground.

"Daddy what are you doing here? Don't you still have work?" I questioned. I was confused why he was back so early, he only left a week ago and he usually is gone for about a month or longer.

"Pitch," My father said lovingly as he stared up at me. I looked at him, my expression blank and confused.

"They transferred me to work here in the village and do you know what the means?"

I shook my head and he smiled.

"It means that I will able to come home every day now."

"You mean..."

"Yes," he whispered. "No more leaving, no more going away for long periods of time. I'm home Pitch, I'm home."

"Daddy," I said wrapping my arms around his neck. I buried my face in his shoulder, hiding the tears of joy that were spilling from my eyes. He placed his hand on my back, holding me tightly and longingly.

"I love you Pitch, my son. My handsome son," His voice was quivering as he spoke. Feeling his chest rise and fall deeply with every heavy breath he took.

That day, I had gain my dad back.

The house was filled with warmth and laughter once more as its master had returned. It beamed with joy as its warm fire bellied crackled, enjoying the fact that its master was going to stay for good. My mother cried with joy once she heard the news, her trembling hands now clinged to father tightly. His shaking hands embraced mother tightly, not ever wanting to let go or leave ever again. I smiled, watching my two parents embrace each other as I sat be the fire, the flames radiating its warmth throughout the home. I sat in the moment, enjoying this sweet moment of laughter, but what I didn't know was there were secrets in this house. A secret that could change my perspective on my own life forever. A secret that hid in the far corners of the house, under the floor boards, in every closet and every hiding place it could find. A secret that yearned to stay hidden, but the walls have ears and sometimes...they allow me to listen.