A Goodbye

The sun shined through the cottage window. The Rays of sun lighting up the room as it illuminated the table, the chair, and the woman who sat there. The house remained silent and still, not a sound was uttered or made as I watched the woman silently from the corner of the room. Her shoulders slouched as her elbows laid on the table. Her trembling hands locked as she gripped herself to stay together. Her body trembling as she sniffled, her forehead laying against her folded hands. Her cheeks stained with the wet tears of pain as her lower lip trembled, trying her best to hold back a gag. I stood there, my throat contorted as I try to hold back the tears. As I watched this woman cry...as I watched my mother slowly shatter.

"Pitch," she muttered under her breath, between her gags and cries.

My eyes shot up at her as she said my name over and over again. Saying it desperately as if she were to stop I would be nothing more than a distant memory.

"Pitch, Pitch, Pitch," she muttered quietly.

I had came here after I saw Jack and Jill, my half siblings. I came her wanting to see her, my mother. Her black curls draped her shoulders sorrowfully, her hands shaking painfully. Her once vibrant green eyes turned dull with agony. I had died and yet I stood here nothing more than ghost. But at the same time...I'm not a ghost at all. I had changed...my once vibrant green eyes have become yellow as I now had developed the power to change and bend nightmares to my will. I...was no longer human, I was no longer like...her. I walked over to the table placing my hand on it as I stood facing her, my fingers barely brushing against her soft skin. My eyebrows came together in concern as I looked at my mother. I sighed as I leaned closer to her, my lips inches from her forehead.

"Goodbye Mother," I whispered softly.

Pressing my lips softly against her forehead, the same way she had done to me all these years. Her sniffling had stop as she now was still. My lips lingered on her forehead for multiple minutes, sending my love through her body.

"I love you, goodbye...Mother." I said softly against her forehead. I was leaning away from her, about to take my hand off the table when...I felt a hand placed atop of mine. I froze as the trembling hand tightened on mine.

"Pitch," she cooed.

I snapped my head towards the voice, my eyes becoming wide as we made eye contact. Her eyes staring at me with love and affection...she...can see me? We stood there still, staring at each other for a moment or two.

"You're..." She paused, my eyes widening even more.

"You're dead......aren't you Pitch." I opened my mouth in shock once she said my name. Closing my mouth soon after as I looked away from her, my eyes averting to the wooden floor in front of me.

"Aren't you?" She questioned again. At first I hesitated to answer her but, then I slowly nodded in reply. She gasped placing her hand over her mouth in shock and agony.

"No...my baby." She weeped, standing from the chair as she walked over to me. The top of my head only inches higher than her's as she stared up into my vibrant yellow eyes. Then, as if on cue, she threw her arms around me, holding me tightly as she buried her face in my chest.

"My baby, my baby, my baby," she said desperately, rapidly, painfully. I wrapped her in my arms, tightly, comforting as I stroked her black curls.

"I'm fine mom, I'm fine," I whispered in her ear.

"Your eyes...w-what happened to your eyes!?"

I sighed, "Every thing's alright, please don't worry."

"But Pitch-"

"Don't worry...for me?" I said cutting her off as my arms around her tightened.

At first she hesitated to answer but, "I won't," was all she said.