15. identified

**picture: Public Garden, Boston

Fred pulled over and jumped out of the car with Aldana and Hank. They ran across Charles Street and soon spotted the boy wearing the subject's hoodie. He tried to hide among the people walking down the lane to the Swan Boats. They drew their guns and spread out. Behind them, Russell pulled over on Boylston Street and sprinted to catch up with them. The boy glanced over his shoulder and scurried away. They followed.

"POLICE! STOP!" shouted Hank.

People made way for them, but not for the boy. So he brushed his way out of the lane toward the pond. Fred caught up from the side and jumped on him, tackling him down. The boy squirmed, but Fred pinned him down and cuffed him. The others were already around him.

"You can't arrest me!" the boy cried. "I'm sixteen!"

"Kiddo, you just sent a bomb threat to the Police Department," replied Aldana, as Fred yanked him roughly up to his feet.

"What!? You nuts!? I just sent some dude's email for a chick!"

Russell showed him Wood's picture on his phone. "This man's email?"

Gillian, Brock, Kurt and Tanya were around Connor, who had on screen a distant image of the others in the park with the boy, taken from a street camera.

Gillian's phone buzzed and she took the call on speaker. "Al?"

"Reg, the boy identified Wood. The subject paid him fifty bucks to send the email wearing his hoodie."

"Does he know Wood?" asked Brock.

"No. Wood approached him on the street in West Roxbury, a couple of hours ago."

Tanya and Kurt ran back to their computers as Gillian said, "Two hours, lads! West Roxbury! Find'im and follow him!"

"We need to pull everything we can find on Wood," said Brock as she disconnected.

"Already in Reg's tablet, sir" replied Tanya.

"Do we have an address?"

"Yes, it's in Roxbury."

"Where he approached the boy?"

"Close, sir."

"Send it to Captain Cook."

Gillian spun around to shoot a special edition of her death glare at him. "You're letting them arrest him!?"

Brock scowled back at her, annoyed at having to explain something that obvious to her. "He won't be there. It's a highly populated area, so he needs a secondary location to hide the material and assemble the bombs. But we need his home address checked anyway."

Gillian was already searching her desk. Knowing her as if she'd given birth to him, Connor handed her the car keys, not even looking up from his computer.

"Text me the address, son."

It was Brock's turn to scowl. "Where do you think you're going, Lieutenant?"

"I'm not trusting this to Cook's wits, Agent Brockner," she replied, striding to the door.

Brock stalked after her as she held the door open, waiting for him. He paused before her to stretch out his hand. And to the other three's utter shock, Gillian surrendered her car keys to him.

"Tell me she's got a concussion," mumbled Kurt, gawking at the closing door.