Prologue

Oh God, why me? What have I ever done? ugh
It is raining heavily and I don't even have an umbrella. Now how should I go home? I was in my own thoughts that I didn't realise that someone standing in front me staring intensely at me. The moment I met his eyes, my heart started being faster than usual and a shiver ran down my spine.
"What are...you...doing....he...re?" I asked him with fear and shock lacing my voice

"I am here to take what's rightfully mine" he replied

"What...do...you...mean?" I asked him

"Maybe u don't want to accept the truth or may it be something else, I don't care."
"You out of all the people should know that whatever maybe the consequences I never lose, I get what I want
   by hook or crook."
"And sweetheart u were always mine to begin with." He smirked

I want to kill him ugh. What does he think of himself. I so want to wipe that smirk of his face.

"You left me in the middle of nowhere with my broken heart, crying and pleading you to stop, but u never heard my pleas in the past"
"Now why did u even come back when I m trying so hard to forget you?"
"Why?" Tears were falling from my eyes, but I wiped them as not to show him that I am not the same weak girl who can't even stand up for herself
But I know that I still love him deeply, madly, irrevocably.
Even though he broke me without giving a second thought in the past, my heart still beats for him.
He looked at me in pain and got hold of my waist.
I tried pushing him away but he is much stronger than me and I stopped struggling as it was of no use.
His breath was fanning across my face and I shivered.
My heart started beating fast when I noticed that he staring at my lips.
He placed his soft, plump lips on my lips and I froze.
He closed his eyes and started kissing me like there's no tomorrow.

His one hand was on my cheek and the other one was on my waist holding me tightly.
He bit my lips, waiting for me to open my mouth, but I refused to open my mouth.
He licked my lips with his tongue and bit more harder making me gasp. He quickly took the opportunity and entered my mouth making me moan. After kissing me for a few more seconds,  he broke the kiss and we both were breathing heavily.

He looked as if he was in pain and said "I know I have hurt you in the past and I am regretting. I was immature back then and thought there's nothing called love and everything is a game in life due to my past. But you changed the perspective of my life and now that I am back, I will never let you go until my last breath. I know that you still love me like I do and you know that i m not one of those people who quit. Accept it or not u were always mine to begin with and I will wait till u forgive me and accept me but I won't back off." He said giving me one last smile and disappeared somewhere.

I kept my hand on my mouth to stop myself from sobbing on the middle of the road.
What do you want now? What did you back into my life when I am trying so hard to forget everything that has happened between us in the past.

The sound of Alarm blaring near my ear woke me up from my deep slumber. I am sweating and breathing heavily and my shirt is sticking to my body. Oh my god! Why did I see him in my dream? What is he doing here? Did he really come here for me? Or was it just a dream? There were so many questions but no answers. Tears were about to fall from my eyes thinking about him.

5 years, 5 torturous years.
I m trying so hard to forget whatever happened in my past but it's like my past is not leaving me at all.
Everyday I wake up with a new hope that I will forget him and how he broke my heart. But day by day it's becoming impossible for me to forget him.

I still love him. Even though he broke my heart and crushed it into many pieces, I still love him.

Why am I not able to forget him? Why? Why?
Tears were running down my cheeks and I made no effort to wipe them.
"Vanya?" "Open the door"
I wiped my tears with my hands and went to open the door
"Hey! Good morning" my best friend and my roommate Navya wished me.

"Good morning" I replied her
"Vanya were you crying?" She asked me looking concerned
"Yeah" I sighed
"Oh! Vanya, I am your best friend dear. I know u from past 15 years. You can never hide anything from me."

"Of course! Your my best friend but I am okay now and please leave this topic."
"We both have go to office so let's not waste any time and leave"
"Oh my god it's already 8. You go and have your breakfast and I will be back in 15 mins."

"Okay" she replied me and went to prepare coffee and breakfast.
I sighed and went to get get ready to start a new day.

Author's note
Hey guys! This is my first time trying to write a story so please give it a try and please don't forget to vote and comment your views.
Your votes and comments really encourage me to proceed further.
Thank you 😬