Four- Calls

Ana

The house is large just like the others. There are flowers outlining the house unlike the others. There is a fence in the backyard and the others have it too.

The inside of the house is very spacious. The walls are different colors but clash together perfectly. The first thing I see when we walk in is the living room.

There is a long L shaped couch, a love seat, recliner, side tables, and a flatscreen tv on the wall. There are built in shelves on the side of the tv that go into the walls to save space. They are filled with movies and games for a PlayStation and WII that is on the bottom shelf.

I clutch my bag to my chest as I look around. There are pictures of her and the guys, along with two people I don't know. Some are of people who I assume are her parents. She walks up a flight of stairs down a hallway and I follow. She stops at a closet and pulls out two towels and a washcloth.

She then leads me to a room down the hallway. It's quite big to be a guest bedroom but it's very pretty. One of the walls is turquoise while the others are gray. There is a cream colored queen size bed and a large dresser to match.

She opens a door that is beside the dresser which leads to a bathroom. It like every other room is big. There is a glass shower with a granite sink. A jacoozie tub is in the corner. Another tv hangs on the wall above the tub. A towel hook hangs on the wall next to the bath.

She drapes the towels on the shower door and turns to me. I haven't said a word since I blew up at Avi.

"You can take a shower if you'd like or a bath, it doesn't matter which." She says, I nod in return.
"I'll lay the pajamas Scott got you on the dresser for when you're done."
"Thank you,"
"Do you need anything else?"
"No I have everything, but thank you."
"You're welcome sweetie, I'll be downstairs when you're done."
"Okay,"

She leaves and I strip and step into the shower. The warm water feels amazing. It's been so long since I've had an actual shower. I wash my body thoroughly and scrub my hair. I shave quickly. I try to be fast with my shower but also enjoy it. I step out and wrap the towel around my body and one in my hair. I dry my body before stepping off the bathmat.

When I walk out into the bedroom I spot the outfit immediately. It's a light blue shirt with fuzzy pants that have music notes on them. I pull it on and backtrack my way downstairs. Kirstie is standing at the counter face timing someone with the tv that is in the kitchen. She's changed into a pair of pajama pants and a nightshirt. She must have showered because her hair is wet and in a bun. She turns around and stirs something in a pot. I stop just before turning the corner because I hear her say my name. I know it's wrong to eavesdrop but to be fair she is talking about me. It seems to be a group chat because I hear more than one persons voice.

"What are you going to do?"
"I don't know, I want to help her but I don't know how." She says.
"Try to get her to stay with you for longer than tonight. None of us want her out on the streets. Especially after what happened to her today." I recognize the voice as Scott's but the others I don't know about.
"That's messed up, to rape a little girl and just leave her there, it's freaking horrible."
"Have her test come back yet?"
"Yes, I got the results sent to my computer and they are clean. Thank God the man who did it didn't have an STD." Kirstie breaths out
"Kevin, what about her blood test?" The person ask, I'm pretty sure it's Avi who is speaking. Because he is the only other person who was with us.
"They are good. I'm really surprised as to how healthy she is because of how long she's been out there." Kevin exclaims. I can hear Kirstie breath a sigh of relief.

'I told you I could take care of myself!' I think silently.

"She did say she could take care of herself," I hear Kirstie say
"Oh my gosh, I feel horrible about that. I didn't mean for it to come out like that, but it just did. She's pissed at me now."
"Well Avi, you did kind of say it like she was five, to be fair." Scott says
"I know, but I didn't mean too. She wouldn't even let me apologize." He protest, I can sense the frustration in his voice but still don't forgive him. He hurt me and pissed me off.
"Yes Avi, it was wrong but I think because of all the emotions she has bottled up inside of her, it all just happened to come out on you." Kevin explains

'Maybe I was just a little too harsh on him, oops.'

"My gosh if she didn't let it fly too." Scott says laughingly.
"I know! I wasn't expecting it at all! She's not as weak as she looks either. My chest is still kind of sore from where she pushed me."
"At least we know she put up a fight with the guy." Kevin says
"Yeah, I still don't want her out there though." Kirstie says sadly
"None of us do Kirstie, we're gonna help her no matter what, and you know that too." Avi adds
"Yeah,"
"Oh, does she like the clothes? I tried to pick out something she might like, but I dont know what her style is. Honestly, I just had to get the pajamas, I couldn't resist."

'They are really cute, and comfortable.' I think as I rub my hand across the fuzzy pants

"I know right! They are so cute with all the little music notes on them. Actually, I think she's out of the shower, I don't hear the water running anymore. I have to go, dinner is done and I think she might be coming down soon."
"Get her to eat a lot, she's really underweight." Avi says quickly
"I will. Bye, thank you for helping though. Come over tomorrow and we can talk with her."
"No problem, good luck Kirstin. We'll be there for dinner." Avi says
"Bye,"
"Bye,"
"Thanks guys, I'll see you tomorrow, bye." She says and hangs up.