Fifty Five-Aww

Kirstin

Everyone seems to be having a good time. I saw the kids from the corner of my eye in the chair. I nudged Melody and pointed to them. She lets out an aww and turns back to me. Ana is watching the sunset but Adam is watching her. She has that sweet and innocent smile of hers with her eyes wide with joy. Both of them really close together. Small things, especially beautiful things, have this effect on her. She gets really happy and it looks like all of her worries go away. Like nothing can mess up that moment because nothing is greater than the joy that brings her.

It seems that she has the same effect on him. When he looks at her it's like watching Jamie look at Melody. He loves her with everything he has. It's not just some silly crush. This is the real thing, true love.

We call them in when it's time to eat. Adam piles his cheeseburger with all the toppings while Ana eats a plain hotdog. When everyone is nearing finishing their food I go to get the desserts. Ana follows me and gets one platter while I get the other. I tease her about the float and walk away so she can't say anything about me and Scott again. I hear her huff which makes me smile more.

Everyone loves the desserts. I watch from the corner of my eye as the kids go for a treat while we all talk. I have to hold back a giggle when both their hands meet and Ana gets all flustered. She draws back quickly and her cheeks turn bright pink. Adam lets her have that brownie and goes for the smaller one next to it. We talk about our singing and Melody says she remember seeing us on The Sing Off and says we were really good.

Ana goes to take a shower after she finishes her brownie. I begin to clean up when I finish my dessert. Everyone begins to help me with it and I'm glad. Once we get the outside cleaned up we go inside. Ana comes down from upstairs and ask if she can do anything to help. We tell her no because we have everything covered. She goes to sit on the couch with her phone. Melody and I begin on the dishes, listen to the guys talk. I notice Adam goes over to Ana and ask her something. She comes to ask which bathroom he can use. I tell her, her bathroom is the only one available because the others are being used by the guys. I stop her before she can get upstairs and call out to her.

"Keep your bedroom door open, and no funny business."
She says an okay and leads him upstairs. I chuckle because I know she wouldn't do anything. I begin to wonder if Adam knows what she's been through, so I ask Melody.

"Have you umm, told Adam about Ana?" I ask
She shakes her head no "No, legally I'm not allowed to tell anyone, and it wouldn't be right of me to tell her business. You can ask Jamie, I won't even let him see my notes." She laughs
"That's good, I suppose." I say as I dry off a dish.
"Of course I did tell him that if he planned on taking their friendship further than he needs to be very careful and make sure she's comfortable." She says, this makes me calm. I know Adams a good kid, but I was worried that he might try to take things a little fast for her.
"He also knows that he isn't allowed to go past kissing and cuddling." She assures me. This sounds even better to me.
"I believe my exact words were 'So help me God, if I ever find out you forced her into anything and I mean anything, then you will not live to see thirty." She says and then laughs. I laugh at her and keep putting away the dishes she washes.
"He really seems to like her." I say
"I think she likes him too. They would be adorable together." She says
"They sure would" I agree

We finish the dishes and the guys all come back out from their showers. We all sit around talking and trying to pick a movie. We finally settle on a movie called The Sandlot. We call down the kids so we can start it.

Ana looks happy like always but Adam seems a bit different, like he is thinking about something really hard. Since there isn't any room on the furniture, they sit on the floor, leaning against the couch. Ana wraps a blanket around herself and lays down. Adam sits beside her and gets comfortable.

We get to the last few minutes of the movie and I look down. Ana has fallen asleep like usual, but she's starting to lean off to the side. If she leans anymore then she's going to fall. Adam notices her sliding slowly and hurriedly wraps his arm around her. She mindlessly snuggles into his arm like a little child. He snickers at her but doesn't make her move.

I giggle and Scott looks at me.
"That was smooth." I say smiling, he looks at Ana and Adam. A small grin spreads across his face at the sight of them.

We finish the movie and Melody pokes Jamie's chest.
"We better go, it's getting late." She says quietly, not to wake up Ana.
"Will you help me get her to bed?" I ask Scott, he nods. Just as he's about to get up Adam turns to me.
"Do you want me to take her upstairs for you?" He ask politely
I shrug "If you can carry her." I sign, he smirks at me.

Adam gently scoops her into his arms and she snuggles against his chest. He carries her up the steps and to her room. I cover her up and he searches the room for something. He finds it and hands it to me. I laugh lightly when I realize it's her teddy. "Thanks." I sign, he doesn't say anything but nods instead. I set it in her arms and she hugs it to her chest lightly. I tuck her in like usual and leave her room. Adam stops me when we reach the stair landing.
"Ms. Maldonado." He stops me
"Oh please, call me Kirstin." I sign, he nods and runs his fingers through his hair.
"Ana told me everything, and wow." He says "That's a lot to go through." He sighs
I nod and breath into my hand. I don't say anything in fear of making him stop talking or me starting to cry.
"It's really nice of you to take her in like that." He says kindly
"Thanks, she's the daughter I never had. I care about her more than I do myself." I sign and look towards her room.
"She's definitely one of a kind." He says admiring her
"Yep, but you make her happy." I sign with a smile. He grins at this information and I lay my hand on his shoulder. We walk back downstairs together. Melody and Jamie are talking to the guys in the kitchen.

"So she always falls asleep?" Jamie ask laughing
I jump in the conversation happily. "Always." I joke "I can count on one hand how many times she's made it through a whole movie without falling asleep." I laugh and hold up one hand.

They laugh and we say our goodbyes. After they leave the guys go home and I go to my room. I sprawl onto my bed and fall asleep almost instantly.