Twenty seven- Teddy

Ana

Days started to go by which turned into weeks. I have been here a total of two weeks and I've never been happier. I go to work with them and find something to do, whether it be reading or schoolwork, every once in a while napping. I help organize things for them too, but I still avoid going upstairs.

The guys come over a few times a week, we play in the pool, eat dinner, and then watch a movie. I always end up snuggling with Avi and Kirstin somehow lays with Scott. Sometimes she lays by his side but other times she lays at his legs and falls asleep. Once she feel asleep and cuddled one of his legs like she would have a stuffed animal.

I'm getting dressed when Kirstin knocks on my door. I know what she wants. She wants to clean my cuts. Each night, like Kevin said too, we clean them. I hate it but never allow myself to cry so I don't upset her.
"Come in." I call out half heartedly

She comes in with the first aid kit in hand. I sigh and sit on my bed. "Sorry baby, I know you don't like it, but we have to do it, so they'll get better. You're almost healed." She says, sitting down behind me. My bruises are mostly faded or gone but the big one still remains. It's much lighter and hardly hurts anymore when I touch it. The scrapes, some are healed but others are still here.

I sit cris-cross on my bed facing the headboard and clutch a pillow to my chest. She lifts up my shirt and begins to put the cream on my bruises. When she's done with that she takes out the burning liquid which I learn is called rubbing alcohol. I hate it.
"Deep breath." She says, it has become our warning for each other.

I do as she says and she lightly presses on my back. I wince and tighten my grip on the pillow as she applies more pressure. The pain isn't as bad as before, but it still burns. She does it quickly to my back and we move on to my thighs. It's a lot less awkward with her than with Kevin and Avi. I still don't like it though.

"Are you still sore?" She ask
"Not really, no." I had stopped being sore a few days ago. I'm really glad too because I was tired of hurting down there.
"I figured I would wait until you weren't hurting anymore to tell you, but I need to do another exam to make sure your healing properly." She explains
She puts away the stuff in the first aid kit and closes the lid. I slump over my lap and fiddle with my fingers.

"Hey, it's not that bad. We don't even have to go to the clinic." She tries to comfort me.
"We don't?"
"Nope, the room beside the library is an examination room. I didn't show you because I didn't think you'd like it and you had so much fun with the library. I figured I would show you some other time."
"Oh." I had wondered what the room was but never bothered to ask.
"Kevin, Avi, and I have them."
"Oh, okay."
"Do you want to do it tonight or we can do it tomorrow?" She pushes
"Tonight, I guess."

She gives me a small smile and holds out her hand. I take it and she leads me to the room. Inside is one of the examination tables and posters line the walls. It's set up similar to one of the clinic rooms. The bed in the corner, cabinets in the other, a sink in the counter, it's all there.

I hop onto the bed while she goes through the draws. She sets a tray of tools on a cart next to the end of the bed. She washes her hands and puts on gloves. I take off my pants but leave on my underwear. She rolls over in the chair next to the end of the bed. I put my feet in the stirrups and she drapes a cover over my knees.
"Can you scoot down just a bit?" She ask, she places her hands on my hips and gently guides my bottom down. "I'm gonna take off your underwear now." She warns me. I feel her begin to slide off my last piece of cover and sigh. I twiddle my thumbs on my chest to keep myself occupied.

"Let me know if you need me to stop or if anything hurts, alright?"
"Alright."

She readies the tools on the tray and picks one up. I stare at the ceiling and try to think of the happy times to distract myself.

"You're gonna feel some pressure, but remember, I need you to stay still."
I mumble an okay and prepare my mind. I feel something and then pressure. It's uncomfortable but not unbearable. A short whimper accidentally escapes me and she pauses.
"You okay, baby?" She ask concernedly
"I'm fine." I squeak out, she resumes and I'm back to waiting.

After a few long minutes, the pressure is gone and she takes off the gloves. I hurriedly put my clothes back on as she washes her hands again. She turns to me with a smile.

"You're all healed. No scaring, nothing." She says happily
"Yay." I cheer, I bounce in my seat slightly in excitement.
"See, I told you, you would be just fine." She says triumphantly. She wraps me in a hug which I gladly accept.

I yawn when we pull apart and it makes her chuckle. "Come on sleepy girl. Let's get you to bed." She says sweetly. She leads me to my room and tucks me in with a kiss on the head. I slowly start to drift to sleep and she starts singing softly. It's a song my mother used to sing to me to get me to sleep called Light In The Hallway. When she pauses I speak.

"I know that song." I smile "My mom used to sing me to sleep with it. I love that song."
She smiles and keeps singing softly, until I fall asleep.
****
Few hours later

I scream in my sleep and wake up. I shoot into a sitting position and sob into my hands. I had another nightmare about the man. It was like a flashback, everything was the same.

My door burst open to see Kirstin. She rushes over and collects me in her arms. I cry into her chest as she tries to comfort me. "Shh, I'm right here, baby. I'm right here."

I continue to cry, slowly calming down. She rocks me  while rubbing my back. The gestures are soothing to my fear filled body.

"Do you want to come sleep with me?" She ask, I nod. We go to her room and she tucks me in. She goes to her closet and takes something from the top shelf. It's a cream colored teddy bear that looks very soft. She climbs in next to me and gives me the stuffie.

"This was my favorite toy as a kid. He would always protect me when I was scared. Now you can use him." She says, I hug the bear to my chest and nuzzle my face in it. It's very soft like, I thought it would be, and the fur tickles my cheeks. She cuddles me in her arms like a mother would a child.
"I'm sorry I woke you up." I apologize.
"It's fine, baby. Just get some sleep, okay?"
"Okay."
"Goodnight."
"Night night." I mumble sleepily. She pushes a piece of hair behind my ear and rubs my cheek delicately. I soon fall back asleep with her comfort surrounding me.