Twenty Nine- Jeremy

Ana

I throw on a pair of jeans and a loose top. I pull my hair into a high bun with a french braid in the back. It's slightly messy but cute.

I skip back downstairs and meet them in the living room. Avi picks me up and slings me onto his back. I giggle when he tickles my side. They all laugh and start talking about what we are having for dinner. After a seemingly endless debate they decide on beef stroganoff. It sounds weird but good at the same time. There's a knock on the door and I immediately tense up. Kirstin goes to open the door and I struggle to calm the butterflies in my stomach. Avi rubs my hand gently and turns to look at me.
"It's okay, he's nice, and we are all here. Nothing bad is going to happen, okay?" He assures me. I loosen my grip and try to relax my body.

Avi walks us the short way to the door where everyone is standing talking to a man. He's around a normal height with a lean build. Not weak but not Scott either. He has less muscle than Avi but a bit more than Mitch. He looks friendly but I can't be sure just yet. His face looks cross when he sees me latched onto Avi's back. I mean, who wouldn't be confused by an unknown little girl riding on a guys back that you've known for a while. He changes to a smile and looks to Kirstin for an answer. I slide off Avi's back and stand behind him shyly.

"Jeremy, this is Ana, my daughter. Ana this is Jeremy. He helps us with our songs, concerts, tours, and videos." Kirstin introduces us. She called me her daughter. I like it.

He extends his hand out to me, having to lean forward a bit to reach me. I shake it timidly, wishing to be back in Kirstin's comforting arms.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." He says happily
"H-Hi." I stutter, stupid shyness. Go away for once.

"So, are we going to start?" He ask them. They all start to the music room and I just stand there. Do I go with them? Do I stay? Am I allowed to be there? Do they want me with them? These questions run through my mind as I stand glued to my spot. Avi turns to me before going down the hallway. He motions for me to come along, making me fill with excitement. I actually get to hear them sing now. Yay.

They all begin to read over sheets of music and begin talking about which to do first and the different pitches. I sit in the giant beanbag chair in the corner. I'm engulfed in the fabric until I can barely see over my knees. I watch quietly as Jeremy tells them what sounds to make and how powerful to come in. They file into the sound booth the put on the headphones. They do a few vocal warm ups that sound funny and I giggle.

I scroll through my Instagram and look at the new things they had posted. Kirstin's picture of my pancakes had already gotten 3 thousand likes in only an hour and were steadily increasing. It really is a good picture.

I don't realize they are starting until I hear them start clapping. Mitch starts and Scott joins. His voice is light and fluttery and Scott's adds stability to it. Avi is the next to jump in and he is much lower than them. Kevin begins with the sound affects. Their voices all mesh together then Kirstin comes in. She stands out from them all the while blending in with them. It's amazing and captivating. I recognize the song as 'Rather Be'. My phone literally falls from my hands and I look up to them in amazement. I listen to their song until they finish.

Scott looks to me and burst out laughing. They all look at him like he is crazy as any sane person would. He's doubled over himself struggling to make words come out.

"I'm sorry," he laughs "But her face is killing me." He returns to the fit of laughter and tries to recompose himself. They turn to my amazement filled face which is now blushing as I try to make words.

"Did you like it?" Kirstin ask trying to stifle her laughter
"Like it? I loved it! I knew you could sing, but I didn't know you could do that!" I exclaim in excitedness. They all laugh at me and Jeremy cuts in.

"That was great! Kirstin, I need you to come in stronger in that second verse." He says happily but with authority. "And Mitch, slow down just a little bit in the beginning and take a short pause in between. Other than that it was really good!" He praises. They nod and look back over the words.

They start again and this time it's even better. When they finish I struggle to get out of the beanbag. I'm thirsty but my drink is in the kitchen. Every time I move it moves with me so I don't have any stability to push off on. "Umm, would you mind helping me, please. I'm stuck." I plea to Jeremy. He chuckles at me and rolls over in the chair. He helps me up and I thank him. I rush to the kitchen because I don't want to miss anything.

When I come back nothing has changed. They are all trying to help each other with their parts. With finding the right pitches and correcting the timing and how strong to come in. It's quite interesting as to how well they work together. I look down to the soundboard. There are a lot of slidey things and buttons spread across it.

"Wanna help?" Jeremy ask.
"I-I don't know what to do."
"Here, I'll show you." He pulls out the chair next to him so I sit down. If I get back in the beanbag I don't know if I'll ever be able to get up again.

She shows me what some of the buttons do and gets them to start singing again. He adjust the levels a bit but an idea pops into my head.

"It sounds good, but what about this?" I suggest and move the slider to a slightly similar level. He smiles and listens to the new sound.
"There you go, now your getting it." He praises
When they finish he says how good it sounds then Kevin ask to hear it. He plays the recoding and smiles when he hears the change I made.
"They last part was really good, did you change something?"
"I didn't do it. She did. I think she's better at my job than I am." He laughs and they all chuckle. We record that song with my changes one last time and spend the rest of the morning working on other songs. They all sound great. They all have a lot of talent.

Around lunchtime Jeremy leaves. We start to make lunch which is fruit and sandwiches. I watch as Kirstin makes my sandwich. I had wanted a turkey, cheese and mayo like always.

"Anything else?" She ask as she cuts my sand which into triangles
I smile at the small memory of my mom and shake my head no. "You make them the same way my mom did." I say, and bite into the middle of my triangle.
She gives me a sweet smile and begins eating her sandwich. We play outside for the rest of the day, and watch a movie like we always do. With everyone in their usual spots and me cuddled with Avi. Only this time I had the teddy Kirstin had given me.