Thirty Eight- Found one

Ana

We eat breakfast together like usual. Everyone came over and Kirstin had cooked waffles. My limbs hurt. All of me hurts. I drink four classes of water before breakfast is even served. After we eat I feel a bit better. My limbs are still sore and weak. I go to the living room, however can't find the energy to climb onto the couch. I lay down on the rug in the middle of the room. I hear snickers behind me but don't turn to see who they came from.

"What did you do to her?" I hear Avi ask
"She worked herself. She did almost as much as me."Scott answers
"That's a lot. Are you tired, princess?" Avi ask me

"Workouts are hard." I whine into the floor. I earn a laugh from both of them in response. I peel myself from the floor and sit up. I straighten out my legs and begin stretching. I stretch my whole body while they watch. My limbs don't feel as tight now. Scott stretches some with me, although he can't bend as far.

"You're so flexible. Like a little contortionist." Scott jokes
A smirk plays across my face as an idea comes into my mind. I reach backwards into a back bend as his face turns to horror. I go down to my elbows and watch him out of the corner of my eye. I kick up and stand on my forearms. I distribute my weight evenly so I don't tip and slowly go down into a left split. I do jazz hands when I pull back up and look at him. His face is complete shock which causes me to giggle.

"Ta-dah"
"How do you bend like that?"
"I'm really flexible."
"Clearly." He scoffs, I giggle at him and show him a few more things I had taught myself.

"I found one!" yells Mitch from the kitchen. We run to the kitchen where everyone else is surrounding him at the table. They all have their computers out, searching for something intently.

"She's five minutes from the clinic. Supposedly she is great based on the reviews she's gotten. Prices aren't bad. Actually they are quite good." He cheers
"Does it say anything about her?" Kirstin ask
He looks closer at the screen after clicking on different stuff.

"It says, she's married with a son. Graduated from Harvard. Works well with kids and adults. Umm, she has lived here all her life on a horse ranch. She used to barrel race, until ooh, until she got into an accident during a competition that broke her right leg, some ribs, her left arm, and her collar bone." He explains to us

"That must have been a bad accident." Avi says stating the obvious
"It doesn't say what happened, sure would be one good story though." Mitch says reading the action

"Does it say her name?" Kevin ask with a 'duh' expression
"Melody Jae Clark. She's thirty two." Mitch reads
"The reviews on her are amazing. She sounds perfect." Kirstin says "I think we found just what we're looking for."
They all cheer and I get a hug from Scott. I'm still confused as to what they're talking about but they are really happy with Mitch's find.

"What are you talking about?" I ask them
"We were looking for you a therapist." Kevin tells me. My smile fades instantly "Yay." I say quietly and sarcastically. I roll my eyes and go get something to drink.

"I'm going to go call and see if I can make an appointment." Kirstin says with her bubbly attitude, writing down the number off Mitch's laptop screen. She goes to make the call which makes my mood worsen. Now there is no backing out, I have to go through with this. For them.

I sit back at the table and slump in my chair. I sip on my water, trying to think of an excuse not to go. Sadly, none come to mind.

"Come on, princess, it's not that bad." Avi says trying to cheer me up.
"That's easy for you to say, you aren't the one going."
"It's going to help you." He assures me for the thousandth time, even though I don't believe him.

Kirstin comes back skipping in. "I have amazing news!" She squeals, her bubbly personality spewing out of her. "She had a spot open for six, today!"
"That's great, we had perfect timing." Kevin cheers
"Great." I say, my voice full of sarcasm and non enthusiastic.
"You'll be fine, princess." Kevin encourages me. I huff and slouch in my chair.

After a little while, they go home because Kevin and Avi have paperwork to do and Scott and Mitch have to make a Superfruit video. I spend most of the day just doing random stuff. Cleaning, reading, stretching. I play the piano for a while to get my mind off of the therapist. It works for a while until Kirstin tells me it's time to get ready. I shower and brush through my hair. I braid it into a fishtail braid, how Kirstin showed me too, and let it hang over my shoulder. I put on a light colored pair of jeans, along with a loose blue top, and converses.
*********

We pull into the parking lot and my anxiety is through the roof. I sit rubbing my hands together in my lap uncontrollably. I look to the big brick building with a sigh.

"I'm still really tired from my workout with Scott this morning. I really want to take a nap. Let's go home and do that instead." I say quickly holding she would agree
"Nice try. You aren't getting out of this." She assures me
"I really don't need this, Kirstin." I protest
"Baby, you know we only want what's best for you." She looks at me with a pleading smile "Do you want me to be in there with you?"

If she's in there then she could get upset over something that's happened to me. No. I don't want to make her upset. I can't. Not again.

"No."
"Okay, lets go because I have to sign you in."

We walk through the large glass door, only my legs seem like thousand pound weights. They don't want to work, so I have to force myself forward. Kirstin talks to a lady at a desk and gives her my name. The lady looks through her computer before popping back up with a smile. She tells us that she will be ready soon and to wait in the lobby.

As we wait I look around. There is a cozy vibe from the place. The chairs are comfortable with magazines to read. I skim through twitter instead. I giggle a bit at all the funny comments the fans posted on Mitch's tweet about the new upcoming video, asking for suggestions. A lot of people say Q&A with me but that's not an option right now. Others say a 'draw my life' or 'tin can challenge'.

I look up from my phone because I see movement out of the corner of my eye. The lady from the desk is coming to us. She ask me to come with her so I do. Kirstin follows for some unknown reason.

When we get to a door, she knocks. It swings open to reveal a lady. She has shoulder length brown wavy hair and is on the tall side. Her glasses perched on her nose with her head held high. She's dressed smartly. A blouse and pencil skirt that go well together with small black heels.

She smiles when she sees us. The desk lady says we are her next appointment then leaves. I stand shyly behind Kirstin while they begin to talk.

"Hi, I'm Kirstin, and this is my daughter Ana." She say motioning to me.
"Hi, I'm Melody. I believe we talked on the phone this morning." She says with a smile. They shake hands
"Yes. Do I need to sign anything for her?"
"Yes, if you go back to the front desk then Staci can give you everything you need."
"Okay, that works." Kirstin says happily and turns to me. "Are you sure you'll be okay without me?"
I nod. She smiles and hugs me. I wrap my arms around her warm body and lay my head on my chest. I don't want to let go, I want to go home. She pulls apart after giving me one final squeeze.
"I will be in the lobby if you need me, okay?"
"Okay." I whisper, still not wanting to be here. Worry shows in her eyes slightly. She smiles and looks me over one last time. She lets out a short sigh and turns to go.

"Bye, it was nice meeting you." She tells Melody
"You too."

Kirstin walks off down the hallway so it's just us now.