Sixteen- Phone

Ana

I climb into the front seat and she gets in the drivers seat.

"Do you want a phone?" She ask before starting the car.
"I can't ask you to do that." I protest
"Ana, I don't mind getting you a phone. It would actually make me feel better knowing that if we got separated somehow that you could call someone for help."
"Kirstin," I protest again, she stops me. Again.
"I'm getting you a phone. There's no arguing, we are going right now." She says sternly
"But," I start, only to be cut off by her. I huff in defeat. "You're very stubborn sometimes."
"I know." She triumphs

She drives us to the Verizon store and practically drags me in. She goes up to one of the people at the desk and gets her attention.

"Hi, I would like to add a phone to my plan, please."
"Okay, I just need your information to pull up your account." The woman says, she has bright blonde hair that falls around her shoulders with big brown eyes.

Kirstin tells her the information she needs and with a few clicks has her account up. She prepares to get up but stops.
"What color would you like? We have black, white, gold, and rose gold."
Kirstin turns to me for an answer. "Rose gold, please." I say quickly

She smiles and goes into a back room. When she comes out, a phone box is in her hand with the picture of a rose gold, iPhone 7s, is in her hand. She opens the box and connects it to the computer. The screen lights up and says Hello on it. Kirstin helps me make an ICloud account to set up my phone. I have to think about a password before finally settling on Music&BookLover13. Kirstin chuckles at my password but doesn't say anything. I slide the phone back to the lady and she puts a screen protector on it.

"Go pick out a case." Kirstin say, pointing to a wall of cases.

I go to the huge wall of cases and allow my eyes to roam over them. One in particular caught my eye. It was a mix of turquoise, purple, blue, and pink, almost like the sky during a sunset. It's so pretty, I don't even bother looking at the others. I reach up and carefully slide it off the hook. I hand it to Kirstin who the hands it to the lady, after admiring it with a big smile. The lady, whose name I learn is Hannah, pops the phone into the case and hands it to me, along with the box that has a sticky note on top containing a phone number. Inside the box is a pair of headphones, a charger, and an adaptor so I can listen to music and charge my phone at the same time.

"There you go, you have unlimited everything, so you don't have to worry about going over." She says sweetly
"Thank you." I say quietly and stare at the phone in my hands. Kirstin exchanges a few thankful words with the lady and we leave.

On the way home, I'm still in shock of having a phone now. It feels so foreign in my hand. The slick, and shininess of the screen. The light weight of it. It's not long before we get home. We struggle to get all the clothes up the stairs in one trip, by the time we are in my room we are breathless with tired arms.

We take a minute and sit on my bed to rest. I pull myself up, off the bed and start getting my clothes out of the bags. I begin to sort them by color and what kind they were. I always liked things to be in order. Everything with it's own size and color. Stuff bugs me if it isn't. She starts helping me by laying them on the bed for me.

I put away my shirts, shorts, and undergarments, neatly in my dresser drawers. I hang up the skirts and dresses I got, in my closet. I set my shoes on the racks in the closet walls. It doesn't look so barren anymore. Now it's more homey. I plug my phone in the outlet next to my bed and sit it on the nightstand that's beside it.

I sit on the bed and just stare at the phone, my mind still trying to process everything that's happened over the last three days.