Fourteen- Remember?

Ana

Around two in the morning I wake up again, the tv is still on, but no crying. I quietly made my way downstairs and peered around the corner. Everyone is sprawled out on the furniture. Scott and Kirstin are laying on the couch cuddling with each other. Her head is nestled into his chest and he has his arms around her, pulling her close to him. I wish I had a phone to take a picture because of how cute they look.

I locate a bunch of blankets and drape one across everyone. Avi mumbles something and wraps the blanket around him with sleepy motions, making me giggle quietly. I choose the biggest blanket and put it across Scott and Kirstin last. They are cute together, even though Scott scares me. I feel like there is something between them by the way they look at each other, although I don't think either of them realize it.

I go back upstairs and grab a pillow along with my blanket. When I get back downstairs, I find a place on the rug, switch off the tv, and lay down. Slowly I drift back to sleep.

*Six hours later (8:00)*

My eyes slowly flutter open, the sun is coming in through a crack in the curtains, landing on my face. Soft whispers are coming from the kitchen. I sit up and look around. Avi and Mitch are in the kitchen with apple slices, munching away happily, and talking. Without them noticing I slip upstairs with my blanket and pillow and brush my teeth along with my hair.

I make my way to the kitchen as quiet as I can, not to wake up Kevin, Kirstin, and Scott. I sit on a chair that's at the island and swivel around.

"Good morning." Mitch says
"Morning," I say quietly
"Morning Princess." Avi says, taking a bite out of his apple slice.
"Princess?" I question
"Yup, you're our little princess." He says with a smile.
I giggle at his nickname for me which makes them smile wider.
"Did you cover us up?" He ask with a curious gleam in his eye. I blush "Yeah, I didn't  want you to get cold." I say, slightly embarrassed.
"Thanks Princess, that was really nice of you." He says
I look down to the food before quickly looking away. He notices me and picks one up. "Want one?"
I smile and take it from him. It's from a Granny Smith apple, my favorite. I swivel the chair around to face the living room, none of them have stirred.

"They are cute together." I whisper, Avi leans closer to me and starts whispering also.
"Both of them have feelings for each other but won't admit it. They've never done this though, it's quite new."
"But it's so adorable!" Mitch whispers excitedly, causing me to giggle again.
"Do you think they'll ever be together?" I ask
Avi shrugs, "Maybe, like I said, they won't admit anything. I think they feel like it'll mess with the group or their friendship, which is understandable, even though they know it wouldn't bother us."
"I hope they do."
"I bet they'll be together when we go back on tour." Mitch says and pops another apple slice into his mouth.
"I'm going for after tour." Avi adds, they turn to me to see what I think.
"I bet ten dollars they get together before you go on tour."
They both look to each other and turn back to me. "Deal." They both say in unison.

We shake on it and keep eating the apple slices. Kevin wakes up and looks around confused. He lifts the blanket off him with a confused face, sets it down in the chair, and goes upstairs. A few minutes later, he comes down with new clothes on and a slightly more awake expression.

"You changed?" I say confusedly
"Yeah, we all have extra clothes at each other's houses because we are together so much." Avi answers for him, Kevin grabs a glass out of the cabinet and pours coffee into it. He adds creamer with milk and leans over the counter, drinking it. The smell is strong but it's sweet.

I begin to read my book while they chat. After a few minutes Scott wakes up. He gingerly moves Kirstin off his body and replaces it with a pillow that she pulls closer to her. He rubs the sleep out of his eyes and looks down to her. A smile spreads across his face and he lets out a soft chuckle. Quickly, Scott makes his way upstairs, just like Kevin, he comes back down with fresh clothes and newly brushed hair.

He stands at the counter with us and steals an apple slice from Avi. Kevin hands him a cup of coffee which he sips from, savoring the taste. I tense when I remember he's a dentist but try to hide it. He looks at me from the corner of his eye, a small frown forms on his face. I quickly go back to reading my book to avoid the awkwardness of the situation, he keeps talking to do the same.

Kirstin rolls over and her eyes flutter open. She lifts her head to the kitchen when she sees we aren't in the living room anymore. She has a bad case of bedhead and tired is written all over her face. I chuckle at her and so does everyone else. She trudges up the stairs with the blanket wrapped around her. She comes back down with her hair in a messy bun but with the blanket still around her.

I glance at Scott who is looking at her with such interest. A grin is spread across his face as he eyes her up and down. I'm not gonna lie, she looks adorable like that. She has on a pair of fluffy pants with a slim fitting shirt, and a pair of bunny slippers on. Avi gives her a glass of orange juice which she gladly takes, she must not like coffee. She scrolls through her phone and occasionally jumps into their conversation. She blushes when she notices me looking between her and Scott.

"Sleep well?" Mitch ask jokingly
She blushes even more "Yeah," she takes a sip from her juice and turns to me "How'd you sleep, Princess?"
"Is everyone calling me Princess now?"
"I told you, you are our Princess." Avi says with a smile
I huff "Okay, I slept fine."
"You seemed pretty comfortable cuddling with Avi." She says
"What?"
"You don't remember?" She ask, I shake my head no. She taps a few things on her phone and turns it to me. On it is a picture of me curled in a ball on Avi's lap with his hand pulled close to me.

I blush and look to Avi. He grins at me, "Sorry," I giggle.
"Don't be, I don't mind. It was cute." He says, handing me another apple slice.

I take it from him and eat it.  I can't get the smell of coffee out of my nose and my gaze drifts to the cups.

"Do you want to try it?" Scott ask with a smirk
I shrug, he pours a bit into another cup and hands it to me.
"I don't think you'll like it." He says, I take the cup from him and bring it to my lips. I hesitate and toss it back. My nose scrunches at the awful taste, I force the horrid brown liquid down my throat.

"Eww, how can you drink that?" I sputter, Kirstin rubs my back and they laugh.
"And this is better than beer. Just remember that when someone offers you alcohol." He jokes
"Nope, I'll stick to water, and I won't drink." I say confidently.

I vowed to never drink because of my father. Nothing good ever comes from drinking. Whenever he was drunk, those were the nights he hit hardest.

"Good girl," Kirstin says, and hands me a glass of water. I gulp it down, trying to get the taste out of my mouth. "So, what time do you want to go shopping?"

"I don't know, it's up to you."
"After breakfast?"
"Sure,"

"Ooo shopping, my favorite!" Mitch says happily
"Wanna come?" I ask
"Sorry Princess, I can't. I gotta clean today, but I can come back over later to see what you get." He says
"Okay,"