Eight- Flowers

Ana

I wake up in an unfamiliar bed. Wait, why am I in a bed? Whose bed is this? Was I kidnapped? All these questions go through my mind as I lay here. Memories of yesterday flood my mind.

Kirstin had taken me home yesterday from the clinic and now I was in her bed because I had a bad dream. Only the bad dream wasn't just a bad dream. It's real.

I sit up and run my hands over the soft, silky fabric of the comforter. The pattern on it is turquoise chevron with gray lines. Her room gives off a cozy feel. There are pictures hanging on the wall of her and the group. There is one person I don't know so I assume it's Mitch. Kirstie isn't in here so she must be downstairs.

I brush my teeth and make my way downstairs. She's in the kitchen cooking food. The smell makes me really hungry. I recognize the smell as bacon and eggs. She has music playing softly and is singing along to it. She sounds amazing. Her voice is light and airy but at the same time has a sense of dominance. I stand at the end of the stairs to listen. She notices me when she goes to put the food on the table.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."she says cheerfully
"Morning," I yawn in return
She chuckles at me "How do you feel?"
"Still kind of sore,"
"Aww I'm sorry sweetie, you might for a few days. Are you hungry?"
I nod
"Well come on, breakfast is ready. Would you like any toast?" She ask before putting bread in the toaster
"Yes please,"
She pops the bread into the toaster and goes to the fridge. She pulls out a carton of orange juice and pours two glasses. She hands one to me and the toast pops up.
"Do you want jelly, butter, both, or plain, oh and I have Nutella. Which one?"
"Jelly, please."

She spreads jelly on our toast and sets it on our plates. We start eating and just like last night it taste great.

"You're a really good cook." I say and fill my mouth with bacon.
"Thanks, ooo I almost forgot." She says and rushes to the oven "I made muffins." She says excitedly while pulling out the muffins.

She takes them out of the pan and sets them on a cake platter, keeping two out and covering the rest. She brings me a muffin and sits back down. They're blueberry muffins and are still warm. I bite into mine and its moist just like it should be. The taste is sweet and succulent.

"These are amazing! Most definitely my favorite food now." I say

She laughs and keeps eating, I notice that her book is open beside her food and she's reading intensely. I open my book and keep reading where I left off. I have to go back a few pages because when I read them I'm was half asleep and can't remember anything from them.

"Do you like the book so far?" She ask
"Very much, yes."
"What part have you gotten to?"
"Um she just met Will."
"Oh so your pretty far ahead,"
"Yeah, I read fast. Do you like yours?" I ask shyly, hoping she likes the book just as much as I do.
"Yes, I happen to love the way he calls her Sunshine. I just got to the part where he is at her house." She says and keeps reading.
"I know right, I find it adorable. In my other book the guy calls her Muffin. It's my favorite thing about them."

She stops reading and takes our empty plates to the sink. I help her wash them just like last night. I shiver because of a cold chill and she laughs.
"What was that?"
"It happens when I get cold sometimes, which just so happens to be a lot. I get cold really easily."
"Well you're so skinny they your body has a hard time keeping you warm. If you were to gain more weight then you wouldn't be as cold all the time. We can work on it. It's an easy fix, you just need to eat more and have a proper diet."
"Okay," I say even though I know I'm not going to once I leave.

We clean the kitchen and afterwards I go take a shower. The warm water feels good on my cold skin. I bathe quickly so I don't use all the hot water. When I get out I see she's laid an outfit on the dresser for
me. It's a pair of shorts and a simple top. I put on the clothes and go downstairs. I don't see her in the living room or kitchen so I go to the library. She isn't there either so I go to the music room.

Once I realize she isn't in here I go outside. I spot her standing in front of the flower bed with a rake. She's changed into an outfit similar to mine. Her hair is pulled into a high ponytail and she has on sunglasses.

They sky has changed from a dark gray from yesterday to a light blue. It's hot outside but the sun feels good. I go stand beside her and admire the flowers.

"They're so pretty." I say
"I try to keep them watered but it's kind of hard when we go on tour. I have to count on the rain to do it or hire someone to do it for me."
"I like the yellow ones the most."
"Those are eastern lilies. I like the roses the most. Especially the pink ones."
"It's so hot out here." I say and fan myself
"Do you want to get in the pool?"
"You have a pool?"
She nods "I forgot to show it to you."

She takes my hand and leads me around the house to the the fenced gate. She opens it to show a large pool that has a slide and a diving board. There are chairs lining the pool and a fire pit off to the side. The crystal clear water laps against the side of the pool.

"It's a beautiful, hot, and sunny day, do you want to get in?" She ask
"I don't have a swimsuit." I exclaim sadly
"You can wear one of mine. I have one that should fit you, although it might be a bit big." She drags me back to her room where she files through a drawer in her dresser until she pulls out a bathing suit, holding it out to me.

I take it from her and change in her bathroom. It fits but I have to tie the top as tight as it would go since my chest is not as big as hers. I step out of the bathroom to see her in a black and turquoise bikini. It's very cute with a triangular top that is laced in the middle. She grabs us two towels and leads me to the backyard again.