Eleven- Guys

Kirstin

Scott texted me and said that they were coming over in a few minutes. My eyes are still a bit puffy from crying and I hope they don't notice. I'm just about done with dinner. It only needs ten more minutes in the oven. I made chicken casserole and now I have to wait on the rolls to finish baking.

Suddenly the front door swings open and the guys walk in. This is normal for us because they rarely ever knock anymore.

"Ooo, smells good in here." Scott says cheerfully
"Is all you think about is food?" I ask
He gasp sarcastically and brings his hand to his chest in his over exaggeratedness. "No, I think about drinks too, but food is better."
We all laugh at him and stand in the living room.

"Kirstin, have you been crying?" Avi ask, he comes closer to me crouches down, so he can see my eyes better.
I look to the music room where she is before looking back to them. They have now circled around me to see what's wrong.
"I'll tell y'all later, but I have good news. I got her to stay!"
"That's great!" Scott cheers
"Yeah, but I had to practically beg her. She was going to leave because she thought I wanted her gone and didn't care."
"She wanted to leave to keep you happy?" Kevin ask
"I guess, she freaks out when she thinks that she somehow made me upset. Like I'm going to hurt her for it."
"Someone probably hurt her when she was younger." He adds
"I don't care how angry or upset any of you are, do not yell at her. For anything. I made that mistake when she told me how long it had been since she ate. I got really frustrated and started yelling," I dip my head in shame and keep talking. "I made her have a panic attack because I yelled. She has a hard time dealing with people being mad with her. She gets really scared when she does something wrong and they get upset with her."

Mitch ask the question they all wanted to know "How long had it been?"
"Five days." I mumble, "She said she had a headache, so I asked her how long ago had she eaten, Ana hadn't eaten since Sunday."
"Sunday!" Avi yells
"Stop yelling Avi, if she hears you then you'll make her cry." I say sharply
"Sorry," he mutters

"Where is she anyways?" Scott looks around trying to find her, a big smile forms on my lips when I remember she's playing my piano.
"You're gonna love this. Follow me but stay quiet." I say and start toward my music room. We had spent many hours in here practicing for our concerts or filming a music video for YouTube.

When I get to the door it's open a bit. I raise a finger to my lips to signal for them to be quiet. Slowly, I push open the door for them to see her. She's lost in the song she's playing which sounds amazing. A big smile is on her face as she plays. Her hands dance across the keys. Their jaws drop in awe as they listen.

"That's like some Mozart level stuff. I've never heard it before though." Avi signs to me.

We all know sign language. As a group we decided to learn it just for fun. We use it when we are talking about something that's private or if our mouths are full.

She finishes the song and straitens out some papers after writing what I'm guessing is notes on them. We watch as she gathers her papers in her hands and stands. Carefully she closes the key cover and pushes the bench back to where it was.

When she turns around a small yelp escapes and she jumps back. Her papers fly everywhere and she scrambles to get them. Since Avi is closest to her he rushes to help.

Before the rest of us can even react they have the papers off the floor. He hands her the papers and she takes them from him with a timid hand.

"T-Thank you," Ana squeaks, she's clearly nervous around him. Probably all of them.
"You're very good. What song is that, I've never heard it before." Avi ask, trying to get her to warm up to him.
"I-I wrote it." She stutters and brushes a piece of hair behind her ear. "How long h-have you been there?"
"Not long, I would love to hear the rest of the song, if you don't mind playing some more."
"Um s-sure," she sets the papers back on the piano and begins to sort them. I hope they were labeled.

"I have to go check on the rolls." I say and go to the kitchen.
********
Ana

They scared me when I turned around. I hadn't known they were there. Avi helped me pick up my papers off the floor. I couldn't even say thank you without stuttering from being so nervous. Kirstin left to go check on the food which made it worse. Kevin, Scott, and Mitch went with her.

I shuffled through my papers to try to get them in the correct order. Thankfully, I had labeled them all with the titles and page numbers so I knew which song they went with in case something like this happened. I sat back down on the bench and opened the key cover.

"Which o-one did you want m-me to play?" I stutter
"The one you were playing just a minute ago."

I put my music in front of me and take a deep breath to calm my nerves. I set my shaking hands on the keys while Avi watches from beside me. I press on the keys and all my worries go away. I play my song flawlessly. When I'm finished Avi has a smile on his face. He's leaning over the edge of the piano with his face in his palm. His other hand is in his chest, separating it from the piano. My smile falls when I remember their conversation on the phone.

"I'm sorry," I mumble into my lap
"For what, Ana."
"I was mean to you, and hurt your chest. I understand if you are mad at me."
He looks shocked. I blink back my tears. I've cried enough today and I refuse to let myself look weak in front of him.
"No, no, I'm fine, I'm not mad at you."
"But, I hurt you.." I say confusedly
"You were just mad. It doesn't even hurt anymore, I was only sore for a little while and it wasn't that bad. I was wrong too. I deserved it, I should have never said that and I'm sorry."

"I still shouldn't have done it. It's not fair that I got mad at you for hurting me and then turn around and hurt you back."
He sits on the bench beside me and gently uses his finger and thumb to lift my chin to make me look into his eyes.
"Ana, listen to me. I'm fine. I'm not upset with you. Do you understand?"
"Yes," A tear falls and he wipes it away with the pad of his thumb.
"Don't cry, how about we put this behind us, eh?" He ask with a smile

I nod, I choose to do something that I never thought I would do to a doctor. I hug him. He hugs me back tightly but not too tight so he doesn't squeeze me to death. I nestle my head into his chest as he holds me. There is a knock on the door which makes us pull apart. Kirstie has her head peeked around the corner with a sweet smile on her face.

"Dinner's ready." she says and pops back around the corner

"Let's go eat." He stands me up and we go to the table.