Twentytwo- Avi

Avi
(Avi is not thinking of her in a prevented way. He is saying this as a father figure.)

Scott is a good guy, but sometimes he can be a major jerk. I understand he wanted to know the whole story but he went about it all wrong. He shouldn't have forced her to tell him. If she had wanted to tell us then she would have when she was ready. We all knew it wasn't the whole story except Kirstin. She still thinks it's just a childhood fear that Ana never got over.

Poor princess, she's broken but doesn't even know it. All the horrible things that's happened to her has really took a toll on her. She's never had someone to care for her. The only thing she knows is pain.

I don't blame her for being scared. For not trusting people, not wanting to get close to people, for being afraid of us, of me. That hurts the most; to know she's afraid of me. We all feel it, but none of us say it.

Scott probably wants to tell Kirstin but there is no way I'm going to let him. He promised Ana and he isn't going to break that promise, unless it is absolutely necessary. She can tell Kirstin when she is good and ready too. Ana doesn't like making people mad because her mind associates anything but happiness with punishment.

She's been hurt too much. To hear what her father used to do to her is horrendous. How can someone hurt such a sweet child. The only thing she wants is to make people happy. She's had everything taken from her. Everything.

I want to protect her and make her happy. I hate seeing her cry and it was killing me to have to hold her down so Kevin could do her blood test. I like comforting her though, it makes me feel wanted.

She looks so peaceful and innocent when she's asleep. You would have never known anything happened to her if you were to see her for the first time asleep. She's clinging to my shirt with her head laid on my chest. Her chest rises with each steady breath she takes and cute, soft snores escape her lips.

I had always wanted a child. We all have wanted children, but none of us have spouses to have one with, so Ana is like a dream come true too all of us. She's such a joy to have around. Her bubbly personality can make anyone smile. Although, she holds herself back around people. She retreats into her body and always looks down, away from others. I can tell we intimidate her. We tower over her petite body and she is much, much smaller than us. Kirstin is the closest to her height and only is a few inches taller than her.

When she is alone she stands tall and confidently like she knows nothing can hurt her and she is in control. That's one thing I've noticed about her. She likes to have control over things. Not bossing people around but to know that she isn't being forced into something.

She likes order too. Kirstin told us about how she put her clothes away and never leaves a mess. I could see her practically cringing when she saw my desk. It's a complete mess, oops. She organized Kirstin's desk and it looks a lot better now. It didn't take her long either, but that's probably because Kirstin had somewhat of a system for her work. Maybe I can get her to do my desk because it sure does need it.

She stirs slightly in my arms and grips my shirt tighter. Not wanting her to wake up, I stroke her hair and start whispering comforting things to her.
"Shh, it's okay. I'm here." She relaxes in her sleep and I sit there admiring her.

She's a beautiful girl, and will be even more beautiful when her bruises heal. Her hair is a chestnut brown and is silky smooth. Unlike a lot of kids her age, her skin is flawless and has a light tan to it. She has a cute button nose with a small mouth. But her eyes are the best. They're big and round which compliments her small features. I don't even know what color they are because they change so much. It's a mix of blue, green, gray, and hints of gold flecks in them. Sometimes they seem grey while other times it's a mix of the colors. Mainly they are mixed with blue and green to make a teal-ish color that leans to the more green side. I noticed they change when she gets upset. I could literally see them changing to an ice blue with grey, when she told us not to tell Kirstin. When she was crying they were more of a green and gold color. They must change with her emotions and the sunlight. TheI first saw her when Kirstin and Scott found her, I noticed they were different colors at the same time. The right one was blue and grey while the left was green and gold.

I lay my head against the couch and rest my eyes. It's been a long day. I had so much paperwork on top of patients that it's wore me out. There's a knock on my open door and Kirstin is standing in the doorway with a smile like always. She's a relatively positive person and looks at the brighter side of things in a situation. Kirstin is very caring too, but she can also be very emotional. Sad things make her cry or upset easily.

"Hey, she okay?" She whispers
"Yeah, she was tired and wanted to cuddle." I say back
"Oh, I'm done for the day, so We can go home now. Are you still coming over for dinner?" She ask
"I'm still coming, I'm done too. I think the guys still have more stuff they need to do though." I explain

Kevin, has paperwork, and Scott and Mitch have another patient. Kevin and I usually work as a pair, similar to Scott and Mitch but he wanted me to see how Ana was, so he agreed to take care of the paperwork from our patients today

"She really likes cuddling, it's adorable." She says in awe
"It's not bad." I say, trying to be manly, she just laughs
"Oh hush, you love to cuddle and you know it." She taunts
She's right. It's always been my weakness, but I can't help it. I do love to cuddle. I like the sense of protection it makes me feel.
"Alright then, I'm gonna take her home and get ready for tonight. I kind of want to do burgers and hotdogs, but you know I suck at grilling. Will you do it if I get everything ready?" She ask
"Sure, I'll come over after get out of my scrubs."
"Thanks, bring your bathing suit and we can get in the pool before we eat."
"Okay,"

Kirstin walks over to us and kneels in front of her.
"Ana," she sings , I pat her back softly to help wake her. Her sleepy eyes flutter open and I sit her up fully.
"Yes?" She mumbles and rubs her eyes
"Come on baby, lets go home." Kirstin giggles
"Aw, I kind of liked it here, it was fun." She mutters
"Well, we can go home and get in the pool before dinner and have more fun." Kirstin explains to the sleepy girl who immediately perks up at the mention of the pool.
"Are you coming?" She ask me, her big eyes full of hope
"Yes, I'm coming." I say, she gets more excited and her eyes change into a world of colors.
"Come on and you can help me pick out my bathing suit."
"Okay," she says cheerfully and hops from my lap. Kirstin gets up and wraps an arm around her waist.
"Bye." They both call out as the leave