Lady of the Night

Lady Yuuki's POV

The night felt fresh against my skin, carrying a strange scent of spices.

"Yuuki, the night feels strange, doesn't it?" Asuna asks me.

"It does. Do you smell the spices?"

"Spices? I only smell the lilacs outside"

"Oh.." I head to the balcony and look outside. "The smell is vibrant. It feels like it outweighs the lilacs outside the window"

"Must be the cook making some curry. The kitchen does leave their windows open for the heat to escape"

"Must be..." The door opens as Silica enters.

"Silica, what is it?"

"I overheard some of the servants. They were talking about how tonight's the night vampires come to drink blood" she says in a whimper.

"Oh Silica, there is nothing to be worried about. Lisbeth has the best holy crosses made to protect us. Sinon is here as well so you won't be sleeping alone. Even Nori suggests she, along with Tecchi and Talken will guard the mansion"

"So they won't try to bite us?"

"Of course not" I pipe in. "And if they do, I'll spike them where it hurts"

"Y-you mean k-kill them with the wooden stakes?"

"What? No I meant kick them in the-"

"Yuuki!" Asuna shouts stopping me.

"What? I only kidding" I joke with a giggle.

"*sigh* Dinner will be served in a while. Let's go freshen up" Asuna suggests.

"I'll meet you guys later. I want to..adore the night a bit longer" I tell them.

"Very well. Don't take too long." Asuna and Silica leave the room. Once more I was alone, with the scent in the air. "This scent I smell in this night's air. Cradle this body of thou, for the bliss I feel in each breath. Lead me to thy hidden source, for I shall plead my thanks for a change I entice. Let demise or prize be at it's feet, I only wish to find, the sight of this complication" A knock at the door snaps me back to existence. "Who is it?"

"It's Nori. Come on, everyone's waiting" she calls from behind the door.

"Right! Sorry." I quickly powder my cheeks and tie a bow into my hair with a red ribbon. I hold my skirt up a little as I quickly make my way to the dining hall.