First Love's Bite (Pt. 2)

Cavalry's POV

"Notify the others. Tell them to meet by the riverside" I tell it as I send off my barn owl. Vampires have been known to use night animals such as bats. I had always had a fondness for the hunters like owls and would use them as his messengers.

"A dance at Serenity River? Count me in!" a voice peeps up from behind me. I quickly turn around to see Leafa transforming back into her human form wearing a dark green dress instead of her usual black gown.

"Leafa?! When did you arrive here? Have you been following me?" I ask in a light flurry of questions.

"Maaaybee" she slowly answers. "So you going to ask your girlfriend to a dance?" she asks directing the attention away from her.

"Do mere humans wish to he gods?" I retort. Leafa rolls her eyes in amusement.

"How did you even know there was a dance here anyways?"

"The fairies told me" Cavalry notes.

"Fairies? In this weather?" Leafa retorts. The weather had been dropping lately so the flowers haven't been blooming lately for them to visit. "Come on tell me the truth already. Your girlfriend had a change of plans right?"

"Mmm" Cavalry hums in thought. "Dove?"

"Dove?" Leafa asks. She turns to the direction Cavalry was facing to see a barn owl fly toward them. "Heh, you'll always be one of a kind vampire with all these takes on our culture"

"Just as a bat takes flight at night, the owl shall fly this same"

"Shall we head down to the ball? The others will come at their own time" Leafa suggests.

"Very well then. Shall I lead you m'lady?" I ask taking her hand. Leafa giggles as they walk to the dance hall below.

Many other royally dressed villagers were joining. Cavalry and Leafa slip into the crowd as another royal family. 

"This is

"This is...wow" Leafa says nearly speechless. She was twirling in a circle as she tried to grasp all the sights around her. Cavalry laughs at her child-like curiosity. 

"Take it easy Leafa. We'll have to look professional" I tell taking her hand. I lead her aside to a table of drinks and hand her one that looked like wine.

"Is this blood?" Leafa whispers in question. I take a small sip and swallow the bitter grape liquid.

"It's wine, don't drink too much or you'll get wavered in the head" I warn her. She nods lightly and takes a small sip to fit in. The music begins to rise into an up-beat dance as couples go to the dance floor and dance in circles.

"This song is amazing! Let's go dance!" Leafa says pulling me into the dance floor.

"Whoa, slow down Leafa" I try to tell her. Her cheeks were flushed and she was very giddy sounding. "I guess she can't handle her alcohol" I tell myself as she swung me into left and right circles.