Officer Blume

Officer Blume's POV

'Good morning Jacob' I sigh, sitting down on the wooden chair opposite the teenage boy and placing the papers down on the table in front of us, Jacob is a boy no older than seventeen, he is a quiet boy that mostly keeps to himself and is a bit naive. He doesn't have the best family life, his father works full time and is barely home while his mother is a full time mother of toddler triplets, they're not financially stable and this affects Jacob, hence why he is here now.

'So, it says here that you've been up to no good' I point at the papers in front of me but he just glances at them before looking back at them, I pick one of the papers up and read from it 'You've shoplifted a number of items from different stores who have provided evidence from their CCTV cameras and you've been helping a local gang transport drugs around the town, tell me why you're doing this'

Jacob remains silents, his hands clenched in the pockets of his jacket, I sigh and pick up a different piece of paper 'From the big supermarket you stole a small CCTV camera and microphone that's operated by bluetooth, why did you steal that? What did you use it for? Were you trying to spy on someone?

Jacob shakes his head 'I wasn't trying to spy on anyone'

'Then why did you take it?' I ask

He hesitates for a moment before mumbling an answer, 'Because he told me to'

My eyebrows pulls together in confusion 'who did?' I ask, but he remains silent and avoids eye contact with me. 'Why did you help a local gang transport drugs?' I ask

He shrugs 'I got money from it'

'Really? How much money did you receive?' I watch him as he looks up at me and shrugs again

'Not a lot, most of the money went to him'

'So you didn't get a lot of money, was it worth ruining your life by ending up going through courts and possibly jail for a bit of money?' I say, he sighs 'And who is this 'him' that you keep talking about?'

'I don't know his name' he tells me, 'He just told me to call him beast'

'Beast?' I look at him confused, he nods 'have you met him?'

'No' he shakes his head, 'I've never seen him before, I don't know who he is'

'Then how did you get into contact with him?' I put down the paper that I was holding, watching him fidget and shift uncomfortably in his chair.

'He sent me a text and told me what to steal, the number was hidden and I was confused so I ignored it at first but then he texted me again, he knew my address and the names of the people in my family' he explains, staring up at me as he speaks 'I didn't want him to hurt anyone so I stole the camera, after a few days he told me to transport a package for him and that I wasn't allowed to open it, I didn't want to but he sent me a picture of my dad at work and threatened me again, I didn't know what was inside the package but I'm not stupid, I guessed that it was something illegal'

'How did you receive the package or give him the stolen camera?' I ask

'After I stole the camera he didn't tell me where to meet him or give it to him, so I left it in my room that night, the next day when I woke up it was gone so I assumed he broke in and took it, after he texted me about the package I woke up the next day and it was in my room' he says

'Where did you take the package?' I ask

I was given the name of a street and had to stand outside an alleyway for ten minutes, there was voices of a few men coming from inside the alley way but I couldn't see them, they told me to throw the package into the alley way and so I did, one of them picked it up and they opened it but I still couldn't see them' he says, his hands fidgeting in his pockets again, 'they then threw a few large stacks of money at me, I picked them up and left, he took them during the night again but left several notes for me'