A Note

I follow his voice out to the hallway, stepping over broken chunks of wood and metal, he is standing in front of a door, the bedrooms were practically in the same condition as the rest of the carehome. I peer over his shoulder, gasping.

This is the only room in the whole carehome that doesn't look like the rest, although it's very dirty and some of the wallpaper is starting to peel off, none of the furniture is turned over or broken. I look around, the room is very plain, only a bed, a wardrobe and a desk, it's not very big either. I feel a strange sensation that I've been in this room before, not just been in here before but been in here many times, why do I feel like this?

'If you don't mind me asking, why did you come here?' Peter's voice snaps me out of my thoughts, I turn to face him.

'I recently found out that I was adopted by the poeple who I have called my parents for a very long time, I found the adoption papers in my dad's office, they said that they had adopted me from here, WestTown Carehome' I tell him, he nods.

'Then surely you must remember what happened if you lived here as a child, it seems to me as if everyone here was killed, what with all the blood stains and everything' Peter says, I look at him, taking in his features, I feel like I can trust him, maybe he can help me.

'That's the thing' I sigh, looking around the room again, 'When I was ten years old I came home from school one day, my mum asked me how my day was, but the weird thing is... I just stared at her, I couldn't remember how my day was, in fact I couldn't remember anything from my childhood and I still can't, no matter how hard I try and remember, I just can't'

'I understand' Peter nods, 'I wonder why this room is untouched'

I reach out, pulling open the wardrobe, five hangers dangle from the bar, empty. I walk towards the desk and Peter inspects the bed, the covers seem to be ripped, there aren't any boodstains in this room, I sigh in defeat, what did I think I would achieve by coming here? I lazily pull open one of the drawers in the desk, expecting it to be empty, boy was I wrong.

'A note' I say aloud, Peter's head snaps towards me before he walk over, I pick up the piece of paper, 'It looks new, as if someone's just put it here'

'Impossible, no one has been here in years and the front door would have opened easily if someone came in before us' Peter shakes his head, I unfold the paper, almost haing a heart attack after I read it.

'You spent two years in this care home, two years with me - Unknown number'

'What does it mean? Who wrote this and what are they talking about?' Peter babbles.

I decide to explain, 'Recently I have been getting texts from an unknown number, the first one said "the countdown begins", at first I thought it was a joke somoene was playing, my school janitor called Rupert was my friend, he knew about my memory loss and often tried to help me, I got a text saying "janitor's closet" and when I went inside Rupert had been shot and a note lay on his stomach that read "this is just the beginning my love, I am going to help you remember" that was when I realised that this isn't a joke that someone is playing...'

'What do they mean though?' Peter asks, urging me to continue, I do.

'Yesterday I got a text that read "desk drawer", that's when I found the adoption papers in my dad's drawer and now here I am with yet another note that tells me that I used to live here for two years, all the texts and notes a from this unknown number, I don't know anything about this person, I don't even know if it's a boy or girl' I say, Peter lays a comforting hand on my shoulder as tears pool in my eyes.

'I want to help you Anna, I've always been interested in this place and I want to help you, please' he says, I hesitate.

'It could be dangerous Peter, I don't want you to end up like Rupert did because of me' I shake my head.

'Anna, we can work on this together, I promise that I will help you all I can, don't worry about me, I will be fine' he assures me, reluctanty I nod.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT&VOTE what do you guys think? Should I continue?