Threat

'I asked him to describe the two children and their personalities, he said that he didn't really know them but he described the boy as a beast' Chief Blume says.

'A beast?' I ask, the chief nods.

'Yes, said that it was the boy who started the fight, but we don't know how' the chief says, 'After that we interviewed both children but they wouldn't talk'

'I didn't say anything?' I mumble, mostly to myself.

'No, you seemed too scared to answer, I don't blame you really, it must have been a horrible experience, but the boy didn't seem scared at all, he just refused to talk, we then took you both to get a check up

'What did the doctor say?' I ask.

'I don't know, you see a couple was also at the checkup and after hearing the horrific things that had happened to both you and the boy they decided to adopt you, so your medical records would have been given to them'

'Mr and Mrs Carter?' I ask

'Yes, are they your parents now?' the chief asks, I nod

'That's weird...' I trail off, Peter and the chief stare at me, waiting for me to continue 'You said that they adopted us both, but I grew up as an only child'

'Oh well, maybe they gave the boy away to another couple' Peter shrugs, I slowly nod.

'Maybe, but it doesn't seem like something they would do, they love me so much and they love children I doubt they would give a child away after adopting it' I explain.

---

'That was a good chat, how do you feel?' Peter asks as he drives me back to his house.

'I'm alright, I'm just thinking whether or not I should ask my parents about this, they might tell me a bit more' I tell him, Peter opens his mouth to reply but is interrupted by my phone dinging, signalling a message.

Unknown number; 'If you're going to ask your parents, I would make it quick, before they end up with the same fate as Clara'

'What does that mean?' Peter asks after I read the message out to him, I shrug.

A phonecall, I pick it up not recognising the number displayed, 'Hello?' I answer

'Hello, Annalise?' a woman's voice sounds, a sniffle is followed.

'Yes, who is this?' I ask, my eyebrows furrowing as I grow confused, Peter signals for me to put it on loud speaker so I do.

'I-it's Clara's m-mother' the woman sobs

'Oh hello, I-' I begin but she soon cuts me off.

'Annalise, Clara's been found dead in her bedroom, she was shot in the forehead' the woman says before breaking down into tears, I gasp, my eyes widening. Peter parks the car in his driveway and stares at me, his jaw hanging open.

'I-I'll come over as soon as I can' I promise her before hanging up and turning to my friend.

'I think unknown number just threatened to kill your parents' Peter concludes, I nod in agreement.