Smile

Annalise's POV

I lay still, not moving as I slowly return to reality, I didn't pass out or anything, but as I lie face down on the hard floor I become fully aware of my surroundings and of the pain that's coursing through my body. I move onto my hands and knees, letting out a groan as a shoot of pain runs through me, I roll over so that I am sitting down and that's when the pain begins to dull down, only slightly. 

Have I been shot? I look down at myself, my jeans have been ripped at the knees and are stained with blood, I frown as I realise that my knees are bleeding from how hard I fell on them. My palms were also scraped, there's no other blood, no other rips in my clothes, no other holes in my body, no other pain. I haven't been shot. So what happened?

Confused, I slowly get up and stand, wincing slightly as my knees hurt more from the movement. I turn around looking for Officer Jones and the other officer who was with her, they're both laying on the ground, Officer Jones is laying face down and the other officer is laying on his side, I frown in confusion, what happened to them? Did they get shot? But they were carrying the guns, they wouldn't shoot themselves. 

I slowly walk towards them, now hearing the groaning that's coming from both of them, I stop once I'm standing a little bit away from their heads, they don't move and don't look up at me. I need to know why they're on the floor, I crouch down and reach out to put my hands on Officer Jones' shoulders, using a bit of force I roll her on her back and she lets out a loud groan of pain, peering through the moonlight I can now see the dark blood the completely covers the front of her uniform, she did get shot, I try and see where the blood is coming from but there's too much of it. Instead I roll the other officer onto his back as well, he's been shot too, almost identically his blood covers his uniform too. 

I grab his shirt and feel around it looking for a hole, he was shot in the chest, I cringe a little at my fingers that are now wet with his blood. I slowly stand up again, still staring at them, so who shot them? 

'C-call an a-ambul-lance' Officer Jones' voice is faint and I could barely hear her words, I looked from her to the other officer and then back again, should I call the ambulance? No, I can't because if I do then they're going to tell the doctors and the other policeman what happened then they'll come looking for me again, I couldn't call an ambulance.

'Annalise' a deep male voice calls out, I tense slightly at the voice, him, it's him. I spin around quickly expecting him to be standing behind me but he isn't, my eyebrows pull together in confusion, I can't see him anywhere 'Annalise' he calls again, this time the voice seems to be coming from higher up. As I raise my head up towards the bright moon I spot his silhouette he is sat up on the wall of the alley way, his legs dangling casually as he swings them a little, I can't make out his face or what his wearing because the moonlight is shining on him from the back, but then he jumps down landing where I had previously fallen in front of the wall. 

His footsteps sound as they walk at a slow and reasonable pace towards us, I stand still as I can finally see him more clearly, his brown hair swaying lightly as he walks, his beautiful green eyes shining as bright as ever in the darkness. His black t shirt and leather jacket with dark blue jeans compliment his broad shoulders and obvious muscles, in his right hand is a gun.

He stops when he is directly in front of me and I tilt my head up slightly to look at him in the eyes, he leans down a little to place a small kiss on the tip of my nose. He then walks around me,  looking down at the two officers, he crouches down just like I did, Officer Jones raises her head a little to look at him, I watch them silently. 

'Officer Jones, it's nice to finally meet you, I admire the work you have done on this case, you have uncovered a lot of things' he tells her, his voice is monotone yet slightly teasing, 'But it's clear that you're not that good at your work as there still are a lot of things you couldn't figure out, these greatly outweigh your findings and so in my opinion you're actually stupid, not worthy of being an investigation officer' 

'Why?' Officer Jones whispers 'W-why are y-you doing th-this?' 

'It takes a psychopath to know a psychopath' he shrugs a shoulder, his words sink into my head, I understand him, at the beginning I didn't but now that I have regained all of my memories I feel as if I do understand him. Does that make me a psychopath? Did he just call himself a psychopath? 'Unfortunately for you I'm not going to tell you why, you are going to die here without knowing what you have died for, without knowing who the person you've been looking for all this time really is, or what the motive really is, you will die without having accomplished anything'

He stands up again, the other officer has passed out from the loss of blood and Officer Jones looks like she's going to do the same very soon. He steps over the officer and begins walking back towards the entrance of the alley way, I quickly follow after him, catching up. His arm comes around my waist and as we walk away I look over my shoulder at the two, before turning back to look at him. 

We exited the alley way and began walking down the street towards Peter's house, he pulls me closer against his side, tucking the gun into the waistband of his jeans so that it's hidden under his jacket. Leaning over he kisses my cheek, then kisses it again, then again, before placing an endless amount of kisses on my cheek making me lean away a little. 'Smile for me beautiful' 

I look up at him, and slowly my lips tug up into a smile, his eyes soften as they stare at my lips before he too gives me a smile. 'I like it when you smile Annalise, it makes you look even more beautiful'

'I like it when you smile too, it makes you look even more handsome' I reply, blushing lightly. 

Fifteen minutes later we arrive outside Peter's house, he rubs his nose along mine before trailing it down my neck 'Baby, get a good nights sleep and relax, everything is almost over, we're almost at the end' 

I nod, wrapping my arms around him for a hug, he hugs me back and I bury my face into his warm neck, inhaling his masculine scent, he speaks again 'It's going to be over soon baby, then you'll be entirely mine' 

'Good night' I kiss the base of his neck, slowly pulling away, he repeats the words to me as I walk up Peter's driveway and towards his front door. 

'Don't forget to smile, the next time I see you I want you to smile bigger than you ever have before' he tells me, before turning to walk away. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUYS! Check out my new story Crazy Town! If you enjoy this story then I REALLY REALLY hope you will enjoy Crazy Town. What did you think of this chapter? Is there anything that you guys want to happen between him and Annalise? Any additional information you guys want to know? COMMENT&VOTE.