In his presence

Ray's POV

I let out a groan, my eyes still closed as something drips onto my face, I groan again and roll over to look at my alarm clock, it's eight in the morning. I lay on my back again before another drip lands on my shoulder, what is that? Is there a leak in the ceiling? I bring my hands up to rub my eyes, slowly opening them and letting them adjust to the light, I look around my room but nothing seems different, I lay my head back onto my pillow and stare up at the ceiling, suddenly I tense up. A large number three is painted on my ceiling, I sit up quickly and stare up at it.

What is this supposed to mean? It's from him isn't it? What is he counting down? Days? Either way I know that I have to complete what's on the letter before the countdown ends. I scramble out of my bed and into my bathroom to get ready, I will call in sick today but I won't tell Annalise, I don't want her to know what I'm going to do, but to be honest, I don't even know what I am supposed to do. 

---

Annalise's POV

I take down notes as the lecturer speaks, it's almost the end of the year and everyone is preparing for exams, I just don't know if I am going to be ready. I still want to try my hardest because I know that that is what my parents would have wanted and even though they're not here anymore I still want to feel as if I am making them proud. 

After the lecture we've been assigned study groups, so after stopping by my locker I walk to the library, looking in the opposite direction as I walk past the janitor's closet, I haven't been in there since that day and I can't even look at the door otherwise I will start crying, which makes me think that I should probably visit his grave. I felt horrible not attending his funeral but I had my reasons not to, firstly I wasn't invited and secondly it would have raised a few eyebrows if a student turns up at the janitor's funeral. But I promised him that I would visit once I regained my memories and I plan on sticking with that promise. 

I look around the library before spotting the group that I have been assigned to, I head over and sit down opposite a girl and a guy, the girl is pretty with brown hair which is dip dyed a dark pink colour and the boy is blonde with pretty blue eyes. I smile and introduce myself to them and they do the same, 'We're just waiting for one more person' the guy tells me and I nod, getting my books out of my bag. 

I feel the chair being pulled out from beside me and I look up to meet piercing green eyes staring back at me, I watch as the tall guy sits down beside me, taking out a notebook and pen before looking over at the two opposite us. 'Nice to meet you' the guy sat opposite me smiles at him, I look beside me but the guy says nothing, he just glares at him and ignores him which creates an awkward silence at the table. I ignore the girl as she starts talking about the work and instead stare at the boy beside me, he looks familiar. His chocolate brown hair is styled neatly and his eyes shine green, his skin is slightly tanned and he looks rather muscly. 

'What do you think Anna?' I am suddenly snapped back into the conversation by the girl, I stutter for a moment before sheepishly asking her to repeat what she just said, she sighs and rolls her eyes and out of the corner of my eye I see the green eyed guy next to me glare at her. For the rest of the hour I try and concentrate on the work but my mind and eyes keep drifting back to the guy next to me, he looks so familiar but I just can't place my finger on it. Every time I look over at him he's already staring back at me, but he hasn't said a word to anyone at the table, he's just been sat quietly staring at me or glaring at our partners whenever they speak.

'How about we have a break? I'm hungry' the blonde guy opposite me stands up, stretching his arms over his head, the girl nods and stands up too 

'I'll go with you to get food, see you guys in a few minutes' she says, I wave politely as the two leave. The awkwardness returns as I am left alone with the handsome guy beside me, why hasn't he said anything? I could tell that our partners were becoming more and more annoyed at his lack of participation, it was rather rude of him. I sigh and pick up my water bottle, my brain still working hard to try and understand why he seems so familiar. I bring the bottle to my mouth and begin to drink, closing my eyes.