Interview

'So when's you birthday?' Peter asks, I grin at him.

'Tomorrow'

It's Friday and Peter and I are on our way to the police station to find Tyler Blume, tomorrow is Saturday and my birthday, I am so excited. I finished school early this afternoon so I was able to meet Peter and now he's driving me to the station in WestTown, 'Do you want me to come with you?' He asks, I nod.

'I have a couple of questions but I don't know how he'll react or if he'll even tell me' I say, Peter nods in understanding as my nerves pick up.

'Well, we're here' the car comes to a stop and silence fills the air as I stare at the police building, a couple of officers exit and chat casually whilst walking to a police car and climbing in, 'I phoned after you called me and the woman at the front desk said that he should be free all afternoon today' Peter adds, I nod.

He locks his car and we walk towards the front entrance, I reach out and push the door open, a few officers hurried past and faint chatter could be heard from behind closed doors, I looked around at the small waiting room, the front desk situated opposite the main entrance, a woman dressed in an officer's uniform typed away at a keyboard, Peter and I approach and she raises her head to smile politely at us.

'Hello, I called this morning to ask if Chief Tyler Blume was free' Peter reminds her, she nods.

'He is in his office, take a seat and I will call him' the woman points to the waiting room which consisted of two long couches and a small coffee table, she reaches over for the telephone and presses a few buttons before holdign the black device to  her ear.

'Don't be nervous' Peter's elbow nudges mine and I smile at his attempt to comfort me, I take a deep breath and watch as the woman puts the phone down, she types a little more before standing up and walking towards Peter and I, we look up at her.

'The chief will see you now' she says, we stand and follow behind her down a halway, I peer through a glass room where a meeting seems to be taking place, at the end of the hallway is a closed wooden door with gold embroided lettering on the front 'Chief Blume' it reads, how fancy. The lady knocks and a voice calls out for us to come in, she holds the door open for Peter and I and steps in behind us.

'Chief, these are the two that wished to see you' she says, the chief waves a hand in dismissal, he is yet to look up at us. The woman closes the door behind her and I run my tongue across my lips, watching him move the mouse around and click every now and again.

'Take a seat' he says, looking down at the keyboard as he types something, finally he looks up at us, clasping his hands together on his desk. 'What can I help you two with?'

No words leave my mouth, I just stare at him, his face holds a faint sense of familiarity but I still cannot remember him, I mentally sigh. He is the police officer that took me and unknown number out of the carehome that's why he seems familiar but I still cannot remmber my childhood, Peter's voice invade my ears and snaps me out of my thoughts.

'Anna has something very important to tell you' he says, chief Blume looks over at me, before nodding for me to continue.

'Um, I'm just going to say this because I don't know any other way to say it but...' I hesitate before continuing, 'My name is Annalise and I recently found out that I was adopted from WestTown carehome at the age of ten, you may remember the horrible fight and you saved to children, a boy and a girl, I am that girl, but the thing is, I dont have any memory of my childhood what so ever'

Chief Blume stares at me with wide eyes, I sit nervously awaiting his reaction, 'Wow, I never thought I would see you again' he says before reaching over to shake my hand.