Syrup Anyone?

(Jesse's POV)

Lukas scrunched his nose. I laughed and kissed him on the cheek. "I know it's a little different for you, but for me it's pretty close."

He shook his head. "It looks revolting."

I shook my head and stared at the bottle of chocolate syrup. "Why do people enjoy this Jesse?" he asked.

"I don't think I'll enjoy... that." he pointed at the bottle.

I shrugged and started to take off the plastic surrounding the cap.

"What do you think you're going?!" Lukas asked his voice rapid with shock. "We're still in the store, we haven't paid for it yet!"

I smiled. "Relax!" I threw the plastic on the floor and twisted the cap off and pushed the nozzle. "Let me see your finger." I finally said, holding the bottle upside down. Lukas hesitated for a second before handing me his index finger. I squeezed the bottle letting the black chocolate ooze onto his hand. Lukas made a disgusted face while staring at the black goo on his finger.

"What am I suppose to do with this?" He asked, still looking down at his finger.

I shrugged. "Nothing, I just wanted to distract you so I could do this."

Even with Lukas' quick speed, he didn't have time to stop me from squeezing the bottle onto his shirt. I lifted the bottle up and down as fast as I could, laughing as I saw his face go though three different emotions. After a good thirty seconds, I stopped squeezing the bottle and smiled at him. Lukas looked up at me, his face blank.

"Sorry." I said, feeling embarrassed that I just sprayed him with chocolate syrup.

Lukas stared at me. "You know what this means, don't you?" I shook my head, feeling even more embarrassed. Lukas sighed, "Jesse, Jesse, Jesse."

I looked at the floor, feeling extremely embarrassed, it was suppose to be a joke. That's when I felt it ; something cold and wet was slipping down the back of my neck. I screamed and reached the back of my neck to see what was crawling down my back.

I looked up to see Lukas in front of me, a smirk on his face and his own bottle of chocolate syrup in his hands. I smiled at him.

"You know what this means, don't you?" I asked, wrapping my finger around my own bottled syrup.

"War?" Lukas asked, taking a step back, his hands around his bottle.

I nodded. "On the count of three."

Lukas nodded. "One."

"Two." I responded.

"Three." We said together, both squeezing our bottles throwing are arms up and down, laughing loudly.

I turned my head to the side, closing my eyes, just moving my arms up and down, hoping that I was hitting him. I could hear Lukas' laughs, echoing down the aisle, mixing in with mine. I could feel cold syrup run down the side of my cheeks and mouth.

Someone cleared their throat loudly next to us. I opened my eyes to see a large man with a blue vest and a gold name tag with the word 'Manager' carved in it, his face was red. I tried to hide the syrup behind my back.

"I'm going to have to ask you two to leave." His voice was deep and careful, like he was trying not to cause a scene. I nodded and looked at Lukas, he was smiling, chocolate smeared across his pale face.

"Of course." I said respectively.

"And you're going to have to pay for the syrups." He pointed the syrup behind my back.

I nodded. "Yeah. I kind of figured that."

He nodded before leaving us; I looked up at Lukas and laughed. He smiled at me, stepping closer. "For now on, I think it's safe to call it a truce." He handed out his hand.

I smiled and grabbed his hand. "Truce." I said, my fingers wrapping around each other behind my back.

"Good, now lets get you cleaned up-" He wasn't able to finish his sentence because I poured the remaining contents of my syrup on his face.

I gave him a smile." All is fair in love and war."

Lukas laughed, wiping the syrup off his eyes. "You are the most dangerous man in the world."

I walked to him, throwing the bottle on the ground. I threw my arms around his neck and licked his cheek, he stiffened beneath me. "better than regular maple syrup?" I asked.

He laughed and kissed my cheek. "Much."