Run Away With Me

(Lukas's POV)

While sleeping in the middle of the night, I was awoken by my throbbing lip and a tapping at the window. I groan in pain and sat up slightly while I look at the window, I saw Jesse smiling at me.

I gasp and quickly run over to him, sliding my window open.

"O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art through Ro-" Jesse started to say but his foot slipped and he fell right into my room, causing a loud thumping noise and him groaning in pain.

Despite risking my parents, I giggled. He's such a dork.

"No need to fear, Jesse's here! Pack your things cupcake, we're running away!"

My eyes widened at what he just said. "Wait...what?"

He placed his hands on both sides of my face. "Sound it out with me, we're r-u-n-n-i-n-g-"

"No, I heard what you said, I'm just...shocked, is all. Like, right now? We're doing it right now?"

"No Lukas, I just came to your room at 3 in the morning to give you a heads up. Of course right now! We can't do it any other time or your parents will find out."

"It's not like they'd care anyway, they would be happy I left."

"And you should be happy you're leaving, baby. Are you in? Wait, let me rephrase this. We are, quote on quote, 'running away', meaning my mom already knows. I already got us a place an hour from here, and since I'm 19 and you're 18, and considering how it's not safe for you to live here, we can go!"

Tears came to my eyes as I put my face in Jesse's chest and I silently sob into his shirt as his arms wrapped tightly around me.

"What would I do without you?" I cried, looking up at him. He grinned, "I have no idea, I'm awesome aren't I princess?"

"Why, yes you are my prince." I giggled, Jesse's so cliche, but I'm not complaining.

"Now, get your bags sweetie, and throw everything you need in them." he helped me get my suitcases from the back of the closet and I threw in a few clothes I had, and also my favorite books and my journal.

"Ready Lukas?"

"My piano, shoot Jesse, I need it."

"We can buy anoth-" he started to say but I glared at him stubbornly.

"Or... we can take this one with us through the window!" he changed his response and I smile at him, going over to the piano. It was an electric one so it wasn't heavy at all, it would easily fit through. The only hard part is the transportation.

After sliding it skillfully out the window with no interruptions, we both climbed out the window and packed my things in the car .

"Ready this time, cupcake?" he said his normal nickname for me, as I smiled and kissed him.

"Of course, Jesse."

I looked sadly at the house I grew up in, and thought how much I wasn't going to miss it. I watched the love of my life concentrate on backing out of the driveway and wished a fair well to the house that never loved me as it slowly disappeared behind us along with my sadness and memories.