Spring Season

It's a gorgeous early morning, the kind Jesse lives for and loves to bask in; the sun is shining warmly, bright but not too hot, highlighting the dew still clinging to the tips of the wildflowers outside.

There are a few clouds out, a crisp chill to the air that signals the very last of the harsh winter season dragging its feet. The window above the kitchen sink is open, just slightly, and Jesse can hear cheerful birdsongs, the chipper greeting trilled back and fourth and altogether musical and pleasant to Jesse's senses.

All in all, a perfect morning.

The brunet turns away from the sight reluctantly, grabbing the box of tissues from the counter and loping back to where his husband is camped out, red-nosed, hunched, and miserable, huddled up in a heap of blankets on the couch. He drops next to him, thighs and shoulders meeting comfortably.

"Here you are, dear." Jesse says, trying not to let the smirk through in his voice.

Lukas glares anyway, taking a tissue and blowing his nose with a loud honking sound. "Do you really need to keep the window open?"

"It's a beautiful day." Jesse protests.

"Yeah, all that pollen." Lukas deadpans and (right on cue) a flurry of sneezes escapes him at a rapid pace, one after another, after another. So fast Jesse can't even count them, the sight dizzying him but making him laugh.

"Poor baby," he croons, cuddly in closer and offering the box of tissues again. "Do I need to get more medicine the next time I'm out?"

Lukas groans stuffily and rolls his eyes, wiping away at his nose one last time. He angles his head to rest at the juncture between Jesse's shoulder and neck, breathing wetly into the skin there, and sighs faintly. "I'm good. Just stay."

Jesse is in love enough with Lukas that he's willing to overlook the dribbling snot slowly seeping it's way onto Lukas's shirt.

He grabs a tissue and gently wipes it away from the blonde's face, before giving him a kiss on the forehead.