Last Breath

Warning: This is going to be sad.

I smiled as I read my boyfriend's text he sent me. God I love Jesse

"Be safe Lukas when you catch the bus home, sorry that I couldn't be there to keep you safe, I love you (:"

I slip my phone into the back pocket of my jeans and swing my backpack over my shoulder before exiting the library. I step outside into the cold and wrapped my scarf (that Jesse gave me) around my neck to keep warm then started walking down the right side of the street.

I looked up at the night sky and smile thinking of today when I spent time with Jesse at lunch before he had to go home. I look down at my left hand on my finger and started fiddling with my promise ring he gave me. I still remember those words that came out of his mouth when he gave me this ring. I find my bus stop and waited there until the rain starts to pour, I growl under my breathe and the rain gets heavier by the minute.

I stood there for a while, the bus is now twenty minutes late. My clothes are fully soaked and I just gave up and started jogging to the nearest dry place I could find

"Come on!" I say to myself while pulling out my phone which happens to have a wet screen.

I wipe the surface with my finger hoping to wipe some of the water off and dialed Jesse's number.

"Jesse!" I say into the phone with my teeth chattering together.

"Lukas? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, but my bus is twenty minutes late."

"Oh my god Lukas it's raining outside, I'll come pick you up, just wait where you are."

Relief came over me as he said those words.

"Okay thanks Jesse, see you soon." I smile into the phone and then hung up.

Suddenly, I hear a group of guys walking up the street in my direction, yelling and shouting and singing loudly. There're drunk. I looked at them from the corner of my eye and see one of them pointing at me.

"Hey hotie!" I hear one of them yell at me, I look at them and just start walking off.

"Aye pretty-boy, come back!" I hear another one shout at me, I can hear their footsteps getting louder.

I hold onto my backpack straps and started walking faster and faster till I got to a jogging pace.

"Baby, don't be like that!" One says in a sick, seductive voice. I can hear their footsteps getting faster and even louder.

Please Jesse, hurry up. I can feel terror taking over me and I started to cry out of fear. I turn into an alley hoping to escape the gang but I came to a dead end. I hear them right behind me, laughing and moving closer to me.

"Got nowhere to go handsome?" One of them says, sluggishly.

I turned around facing them, the three of them standing in front of me moved even closer.

Then, one of them pulls out a gun and aims it towards me.

I start crying harder while one of them grabs my arm, rips off my back pack, throwing it and pulls me to the ground on my back and slams his foot on my ribs, breaking several on my right side.

I scream in pain, having air get knocked out of my chest as they start bashing me from head to toe with full force.

The taste of blood was pouring out of my mouth as I start coughing harder, trying to gasp for air.

"STOP PLEASE!" I finally scream out in terror, then I suddenly hear a loud bang. Before I knew it, there was severe pain in my back.

I let out a scream in agony louder than I have ever screamed before feeling unbearable pain.

They continued hitting me, one of them picks me up and pushes me hard against the wall but I fell to the ground. The man with the gun throws me hard onto the wet gravel and starts kicking me all over my body. I don't think I can keep this up.

"This is getting boring, just kill him already." says one guy with a stern voice before giving me one last kick in the stomach. I could see my blood everywhere, I was drenched in it and I feel my body getting weak. My eyes began to close...

I took one last look up at the streetlight above us and I hear a car drive past. I felt as if my life was in slow motion. I saw Jesse look at me then the man shot me in the chest. Jesse's eyes widen and he slams on the breaks, making this loud screeching noise.

The gang who attacked me made a run for it and ran out of the alley, heading down the street.

I fall to the ground and I start to black out.

"LUKAS, NOO!" I heard Jesse scream out to me as he sprinted towards me. He skidded across the ground and held me in his warm arms, I could feel my last breathe slip out of my lungs and feel Jesse stroking my face, crying his heart out. I took one last look at him, gave him a small smile and he kissed me softly before I shut my eyes letting my soul leave my body, ending my life...

A/N: please vote, comment, and share!