Greens

"Daddy," Reuben hummed as Lukas set his plate of food down on the tray of his high chair.

"Yes, baby?" He replied as he continued making a separate dinner for him and Jesse.

"I enjoy you."

"Thanks...?" Lukas chuckled.

Reuben hummed and stuck his hand in his food, taking a bite of his spinach. "Oh no, daddy."

"What?"

"I do not enjoy the greens."

"Try to eat as much as you can of them." Lukas said. "They're good for you."

Reuben obeyed, eating everything else on his plate then having a stare down with his spinach.

"You don't have to eat it if you don't want to," Lukas eventually said.

"No, no," Rueben insisted. "I will enjoy the greens."

Lukas laughed, nodding his head.

Then, in walked his husband. "Hey, baby." Jesse said, kissing Lukas's lips. "Hi RuRu!"

"Daddy!" Reuben exclaimed. "I enjoy you very much!"

"That's nice..." Jesse said confusedly. "Thanks...?"

Reuben had a wide grin and nodded.

"He's forcing himself to eat the spinach," Lukas informed his husband. "I told him he didn't have to but he says he'll learn to like it this way."

Reuben took a deep breath and shoved every bit of spinach in his mouth.

"Sheesh, RuRu." Jesse laughed.

The baby swallowed it and was out of breath. "I did not enjoy the greens."

Lukas chuckled and picked him up, kissing his temple. "Do you want dessert?"

Reuben quickly nodded. "I enjoy dessert."

Lukas got him a cookie, Rueben quickly eating it all. "I enjoyed the cookie."

"You enjoy most things, Reuben." Jesse laughed.

Reuben wanted to watch a movie tonight, so the boys ate dinner then snuggled up with him on the couch.

Lukas lied down, his head on Jesse's lap while Reuben sat on his belly.

He giggled and giggled and giggled as Lukas kept making funny faces at him. Jesse could stop grinning at how precious his family was.

He was so lucky to call them his.