| 01 |

"Alexandra Kirk! You get down here this minute!" Mrs Macready called from downstairs

"Alexandra Kirk! You get down here this minute!" Mrs Macready called from downstairs. I groaned as I unwillingly put my book down. What did Macready want this time? Leaving my lovely comfy chair behind me, I made my way downstairs. By the time I made it down to the entrance hall, Mrs Macready looked ready to burst. "Alexandra! A lady should never be this late! Oh and look at your untidy hair!" I fiddled with my blonde hair taking it out of its bun.

"Much better! Now the Professor has asked for you to accompany me to pick the children up from the train station." She said walking out to the carriage. I followed her smirking - it was obvious the only reason I was coming was because of her hate toward children. If it weren't for the insistence from my uncle that I stay, I would have been out of here before you could say 'idiotic child'. I have lived here for eleven years, I could never leave this is all I can remember.

The carriage ride to the station was unpleasant. The wheels would hit the gravel sending us bouncing in the air every minute and I was very nervous. I had never grown up around other children so a family of four moving in with us was daunting. But I suppose it would be good having others to do tutoring with, I think Professor Jones is getting sick of all my questions.

As we turned the corner to the station, four children came into view. Two boys and two girls. The blonde haired boy and the two girls seemed to be arguing, while the black-haired boy looked sullen. Why was he so sad?

"Mrs Macready?" The oldest boy said to us as we pulled up. But I wasn't listening as the sudden stop had sent me flying to the carriage floor. Embarrassed, I tried to get up. The raven-haired boy looked at me and grinned slightly, "You alright there miss? Have a nice trip?" I rolled my eyes as I sat back down, he didn't seem overly pleasant. "Edmund, can you help us with the bags?" The older boy called. Edmund turned and huffed before walking off.

The carriage ride back home was filled with chatter as I exchanged names with the other children - Lucy, Peter, and Susan. Edmund, however, had not said a word. And it remained that way our entire way home.