| 17 |

A/N

Hey guys! 

We made it to 300 views! Wow! I am so thankful to all of you who are supporting and liking my story! Hope you didn't mind my cliff-hanger on the last chapter! 

Remember if you like it vote for it and share! Also, keep those comments coming in! I love hearing your thoughts! Have a great day and #Almondforlife!

Cat xx

"Unless you expect me to reannounce my claim on Edmund's blood, I do not see what you can do to stop this Aslan." Jadis continued. I was trying with all my might to stop Edmund from dying. I couldn't let that happen. "That is exactly what will happen Jadis. I will volunteer to take his place on the stone table." Aslan replied. His face was stern. My heart dropped to my stomach, there was no way that could happen. Father was needed here and so was Edmund. I looked up, knowing what I had to do, I couldn't lose either of them. "No! I will take his place, witch!" I said. Jadis smiled, clearly, this was her plan. "Ahh, trying to protect your little boyfriend?"  she snarled. I blushed. "Are you sure daughter?" Father said to me. I nodded. 

Beginning to walk out of the tent, I followed by my father and the witch. I looked to the Pevensies, they were looking extremely nervous. "The witch has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam!" Aslan shouted. Everyone was cheering, Peter hugged Edmund and so did Lucy. I smiled weakly, knowing that their happiness was why I was doing this. Edmund looked over to the witch as she made her way back to her chair. "How do I know you will keep your word?" She asked, I looked to my father and nodded. He gave a huge growl which forced her to sit down. Everyone was clapping and cheering. Edmund caught my eye and beckoned me over. I shook my head and headed back into my father's tent. We needed to discuss tonight's plan.

"You are to meet me here at 8 pm, we will travel to the stone table from there." My father explained. I nodded. This was it, this was my last day alive. I feel sick to my stomach, but I knew I had to do it, for the sake of Edmund, the Pevensies, my dad and all of Narnia. I didn't matter as much to lose. "You must tell no one of your plans. It will only stop you from your fate. We cannot afford to have deep magic against us. But let me tell you this, your life when you die will not be over. You will exist again." I nodded. Exist again? In heaven or what? I understand not telling anyone though. I would have to say goodbye a bit more subtly. "You may leave now Alexandra." My father said and I walked out. 

Everyone was still happy. They were working on war weapons and training, but they looked as though a weight had been lifted off them. They would laugh and walk around being kind and considerate. I smiled to myself,  see it was worth it. I walked over to the Pevensies casually, not wanting to give anything away. "What was that about?" Peter asked. "Just Dad wanting to talk battle plans." I said smoothly, I guess my sacrifice did help the battle - so I wasn't really lying. "Oh ok! Isn't it great that Edmund is alright!" Lucy said smiling. I nodded, this wasn't a lie at all. He would stay alive, it was fantastic. He walked up to me and wrapped me in a hug. "You ok?" He asked quietly, so only I could hear. "Yep!" I whispered back. He grinned at me and it took all my energy to grin back. "Come on you two! Let's help set up the campfire!" Peter yelled. I laughed and pulled Edmund along. There was no way I wasn't going out in style!