| 11 |

Once I made it out to the snow, I looked for Edmund. He wasn't too far away, as the considerable amount of snow on the steep hill from the dam was slowing him down. "Edmund!" I called out to him, regretting that my warm jumper was still inside. My dress I wore at the professor's was not meant for snow. He turned around, "Alex?" He called. I made my way to him as fast as I could, shivering from the frost. "What are you doing?" I asked once I was close enough to him. He too was very cold, but he seemed happy - an emotion I did not associate with him. "I'm going to the queen's castle. She's not as bad as she looks." He said, motioning to the castle by the mountains. "Edmund! Are you crazy? She is the one who hurt Mr Tumnus. She is a witch. Didn't you hear Lucy or Mr Beaver? You'll get hurt!" I yelled at him. He looked taken aback by then he composed himself again. "What do you care if I get hurt? Your only doing this because Peter will be mad at you if you don't. I don't know why I thought you would understand! She is the ONLY person who cares about me, me above Peter or Susan or Lucy." He yelled walking away. He was finally showing why he was really so moody. "Edmund! Get back here now! Ed!" I yelled as he went further and further away. He continued to ignore me."Ed!" I cried again, I started sobbing, "Edmund Pevensie I dont know why I thought I liked you!" I cried again, not realising that Edmund had heard. I did know exactly why I thought I liked him. His black hair, the way he could be so fearsome and so tender at the same time. The way he put on a guard, but was really insecure. And his eyes, his beautiful eyes. I liked Edmund, but now it was too late. He was walking into a death trap thinking I hated him. This was all my fault.

I sat there sobbing for what seemed like hours. I saw that people were starting to move about in the dam, but  I couldn't move. Suddenly a pair of hands grasped my waist and I was hauled away. I looked up to see my attacker, nervous for who it might be. But then it all went black...