| 02 |

After the tour of the house, I sat in Lucy and Susan's room with them

After the tour of the house, I sat in Lucy and Susan's room with them. "Why do you live with the Professor?" Lucy said innocently, playing with her bed sheets. "Lucy!" Susan cried at her bluntness. "No no. It's fine! I trust you guys." Susan nodded. "I was left in the Professors care when I was small, he said that it is until they are in a position to take me back. But I have no idea how long that could be." I stated sadly. I tried not to ponder on it too much. But it was always at the back of my mind. "Oh! I'm sorry Alex." Lucy said sympathetically. "If you want I can ask mother if you could come live with us when the war is over!" I gave a weak smile at her suggestion, before changing the topic. It hurt too much to talk about my situation, knowing that my parents didn't want me yet and maybe they never will.

We continued chatting away when Peter suddenly entered the room. "Susan, Lu, Alex have you seen Ed?" He asked sitting next to me.
"No Peter we haven't why?" Susan replied. Peter had a grim look on his face "Well he stormed out after we had an argument-" He was interrupted by Susan "Again Peter? Really?" He shrugged his shoulders "Anyways he hasn't come back yet. And I was wondering where he was." Lucy looked at me and Susan. "Alex, would you know where he is?" Lucy asked sweetly. 

Secretly I had a feeling about where he was, but I didn't want the others storming in on him. It wouldn't help matters. "I don't know Lucy, would you like me to go and look?" All three nodded at me. "Should we come with you Alex?" Lucy said. "Maybe not Lu, let her be. Ed probably doesn't want to see us right now." Susan said logically. I grimaced and walked out.

Slowly I crept up to the Northern library, trying to gain nobody's attention. As I walked in I saw him sitting by a window staring out. Slowly I made my way toward him. "I know you're there Alex." He whispered. He turned around his black hair in his face. His body crumpled into a ball. "Sorry, we were all worried about you so I came to check on you." I smiled at him. He didn't return it. "How did you find me?" He said turning back to the window. "This is where I would come if I were you," I said making my way over and sitting down next to him.

"It's really nice up here, I can see why." I nodded. I looked outside. "Is there anything you ned to talk about?" I asked, looking to see his face staring straight back at me. "Nothing you can really help with." He said solely. There was silence and I couldnt help but think that he was just trying to shut me out. I wasn't going to push him though. "Oh okay." He smiled sadly. "I'm sorry for laughing at you earlier aswell, I've been told I can be a bit of a jerk sometimes."  Our eyes met again and I could see the small twinkle in his deep brown eyes. My heart was beating fast for this boy I barely knew. I shook my head, breaking eye contact again. "Uhh, yeah that's okay Edmund." He nodded and both of us avoided the other's eyes like it was the plague. "Well I should probably go downstairs, tell the others you're okay." Edmund nodded, staring off at the window again. "Yeah, like they actually ever cared."