| 10 |

"Ah, blimey! Looks like the old has got the kettle on! Nice cup of Rosy Lee!" Mr Beaver exclaimed when we got to a top of a hill. It was almost dark out now, the sun setting between two mountains. The last of the sunlight bouncing off the snow. Down the valley, a small dam could be seen, piled with logs and a few windows. There was even smoke coming out of a small chimney. 

"How lovely!" Lucy said gleefully. And I quite agreed with her. "Ah, it's merely a trifle. It'll do but its not quite finished yet! C'mon children!" He said before heading down the hill. Lucy and I grasped onto each other to make sure we didn't magnificently roll down the hill. I looked at Edmund and he just glared back at me. What a gentleman. What was up with him? He had really severe mood swings. When I turned back to Lucy, she gave me a knowing look. Whaat? I think he is cute, that's it. Nothing else. 

"Beaver? Is that you?" A female voice shouted from in the dam. "I've been worried sick! If I find out you have been out with badger again, I'll-" A beaver came out of the dam, she was obviously his wife. She looked at us, an expression dawning on her  face. "Alexandra, why it's so good to have you home! And...Oh! I never thought I'd live to see the day!" 

You have got to be kidding me. SHE knew me too. Am I like a household name around here or something. "Don't get your ego to big Alex." A voice whispered, sending involuntary shivers down my spine. I blushed, Edmund. "Did I say that out loud?" I said to him, turning around to face the dark haired boy. Mrs Beaver was rambling on about something to the others, but I was too focused on Edmund. "Only so I could hear it." He smirked, and my stomach unwilling did a flip. I can NOT have any feelings for this boy who toyed with my feelings (Hey, he was cute. Don't judge my decisions.) and then has been sulking ever since. "You are a jerk you know that." I mutter, before walking off. 

"Alright dears! Why don't you come inside. Have some food" Mrs Beaver said. I bent down as we walked into the small dam. The dam was very warm and cosy, there was a table and some chairs in the middle. The fireplace added some much needed warmth. 

"Make yourselves at home children!" Mrs Beaver said as she made her way about the small kitchen. I pulled up a chair next to Peter and Lucy, Edmund choosing to sit on the stairs and Susan still not too sure about the whole talking beavers thing. "Is there anything we can do to help Mr Tumnus?" Peter asked, trying to act all serious. "They have taken him to the witches house. You know what they say. There's few who go in their that come back out." He said grimly causing me to shudder. What was this place? 

"Fish and chips!" Mrs Beaver said happily as she placed a plated in front of us. She put her paw on Lucy's hand, after seeing her worried look. "But there is hope dear. Lot's of hope." Lucy smiled at her, but I could tell she wasn't convinced. Mr Beaver nearly choked on his drink at this. "Oh yeah, there is a right bit more than hope!" He said loudly, before looking at us seriously. "Aslan is on the move." Aslan, that name again. The one who makes my body shiver and a distant lion roar in the back of my head. 

"Who is Aslan?" Edmund said, voicing my thoughts. Mr Beaver looked at us in disbelief before laughing. "Who's Aslan!" He chuckled.

 I looked around to see if anyone else had any idea who he was. That was when I saw that Edmund had gone. The door stood slightly ajar. I made my way towards it curiously. What was up with this boy? He really was a mystery. 

As I made it to the door I could hear Mr Beaver was talking to them about Aslan. And where usually I would have been curious, it was Edmund who was dominating my mind.