| 22 |

Aslan's roar echoed through the battlefield. I looked down upon our warriors and grimaced. It was obvious who was losing. I saw Peter fighting the white witch and Orieus fighting a Minotaur. My eyes searched, for Edmund but he wasn't to be found. I gulped, he isn't dead. He can't be dead.

I ran onto the battlefield, using my wind to knock the enemies out of my way. I raced up to a rock overlooking a witch, she was again fighting Peter. I   stood up sword raised and jumped next to her, pushing Peter out of the way. I saw fear in her eyes, but it quickly vanished. "I have already killed your boyfriend. I can easily kill you too, princess." She smirked. Edmund was dead. I gulped, no way. "You have tried once witch, it didn't work," I said back, a burning rage controlling me. She killed all of these innocent Narnians "But this time it will!" She charged at me, but I let all my grief control me.

A sudden force of wind blew her to the rock across the river. I jumped across to her. Taking my sword I plunged it into her side. She gasped, causing my anger to die down. Next to me, my father appeared. He nodded for me to leave, he wanted to finish the job.

I looked to see the witches warriors gaping at me, but I didn't feel that special, I just felt drained.

"It is done." Father stated walking back from the white witch. She was finally dead.

Peter got up, looking at me, Susan and Lucy, ran up to him and gave him a hug. "But Alex, you... You were dead." He said, disbelievingly. "Was. I am not anymore. Where is Edmund?" Peter gestured to the rock on my left.

I ran to Edmund, closely followed by the Pevensies. He was lying in a pool of blood. A huge gash in his side, he was gasping for air. A dwarf approached him going for the kill, but I blasted him out of the way with my powers.

I knelt down beside him. "Come on Ed! I did not die, for you to then die aswell!" I said, wiping his hair out of his face. Lucy came down and placed a drop of a liquid in his mouth.

He stopped breathing. My heart stopped. Suddenly, he was gasping for air again. "What was in the vile?" I asked Lucy. "Healing potion." She replied, still watching Edmund.

He fluttered his eyes open and I leaped on him. He grunted. "Edmund, you're alive!" I screamed. "Alex? What? You're supposed to be dead! How..." He started to reply. But he was interrupted by me crashing my lips to his. He put his hand around my waist and I put my hands through his hair. Fireworks were exploding between us, the pure happiness that we were both alive and together.

We pulled apart, both smiling. Peter, Susan, and Lucy were already gone, healing people. "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad your here. But how?" Edmund asked. I sat down next to him putting my head on his shoulder. I tried to explain the best I could. He too explained how he got stabbed. He had just broken the witches ice wand and got stabbed by her afterward.

By the time we were finished talking, what was left of our army was back in full health. We made our way back to camp. Mourning those we lost, but happy that we now lived in a free Narnia. Tomorrow we would make our way to Cair Paravel, where the Pevensies would be crowned. I smiled, there was no longer a threat to us. We could live here in peace, happiness, and unity. Sounds pretty good to me.