| 19 |

I was walking with my father in the forest on our way to the stone table. We were conversing quietly. Father knew that no amount of small talk would draw me away from my anxiety and sadness. But no volunteer from him would keep me happy. I was content with my decision. I let my hair flow behind me in the gentle breeze I was making. "Your desicion was a wise one daughter, you are helping the son of Adam to fulfill the prophecy." He stated simply. "The prophecy?" I questioned. "When Adams flesh and Adams bone sit on the Chair Paravel Throne,

All evil shall be good and done." He replied. I nodded. This was helping Narnia.

I heard footsteps behind me and I looked to father. He nodded. "Lucy, Susan we know you are there." I called causing them to come out from the shadows. "Sorry, we were wondering if we could walk with you?" Lucy said sweetly. I smiled, "I am sure Alex and I will be glad for the company." Father said simply. We walked through the woods in silence. The tension thick in the air. We all knew something was up, but no one dared talk of it.

When we finally reached the stone table, we said our goodbyes and father and I kept on ahead. Surrounding the Stone table were hags, dwarves, minotaurs and other beasts. All chanting with fire. Upon the table stood the white witch, a dagger in her hand. I suppressed my powers, for I would not go down in a fight. I walked forward, trying to stay oblivious to their snickers and remarks.

When I finally reached the table, the witch grinned down at me. I bowed my head. "Behold the great daughter of Aslan! Come to die!'' The witch yelled, causing shivers down my spine. "bind her!" She shouted again. A dwarf came up to me and started tying me up. He snarled in my face "I have let you go once before, never will it happen again!" He whispered. Once I was tied up on the stone table, the creatures began to surround me. I closed me eyes, thinking only of Edmund, asleep and safe. I was dreading what came next. "Wait!" Jadis screamed causing everyone to silence.

My heart stopped, just get on with it already! "Bring Aslan to me. He must watch her die." Father walked up to the table and stood upon it. The dwarf tied him up as well.

The witch came down to eye level next to me. "Did you really think you could save them. Aslan will die tonight and tomorrow Edmund will be dead as well." She whispered. I was frozen, no that wouldn't happen. No way. She stood up and faced her followers. "Tonight we appease the deep magic, tomorrow Narnia will be ours FOREVER!" She screamed as she brought a knife into my side. I whimpered as pain seeped through my body.

I lay there slowly dying, watching Jadis walk to my dad and stab him as well. My brain wasn't functioning properly, so it couldn't comprehend what had happened. I died to save him. But he was still dead. I closed my eyelids and thought of Edmund. I smiled, still at peace with saving him. And then it all went black.