Becoming A Mother

Chapter 30

I woke up with this pain in my stomach. I felt like I had to puke which i did. All on the bathroom floor since I didn't make it to the toilet.

"Kaila you ok?"kailani ask me.

"Yeah, I'm fine"I said.

"No your not"kailee said by the bathroom door. "When do your period come in?"

"It was suppose to come in...."I stop and thought. It was suppose to come in last week.

"Your late and  you have morning sickness"she sigh shaking her head. "ima schedule an appointment"kailee walk off.

"I think your pregnant too"kailani said.

"Shut up"

L A T E R

"Ms. James"the nurse called me.

I got up and walk to the back. I sat in the chair and waited till the doctor comes in.

"Hello"he came in. He had a bald head with a mustache.

"Hi"I mumble.

"So you think your pregnant?"

"My period didn't come in yet and I'm worried"

"Any other signs"he said.

I blank then sigh. "I like this morning"I said.

"Ok"he said grabbing something. "I want you to pee in this cup"he handed me the cup. I got up from my seat and went to the bathroom.

I peed in the cup, close the top, sat it on the sink, flush the toilet, wash my hands, and put the cup in the bag. I walk back in the room and gave the bag to the doctor.

"K, the nurse will take your blood and then you leave"he said. I nod my head. He walk out the room to the front.

"I can't be a mother. I can't be a mother"I kept saying it over and over.

"Miss"the nurse said. I look at her. She had the needle in her hand. "Your ready"

"Yeah sure"

H O M E

I put my purse on the table and sat down. Carmen came out the room with a newspaper. She put it on the table for me to see.

"Mario opening up this club"she said.

"Okay"I said.

"Maybe we can go and tell him about you being pregnant"

"I'm not pregnant"--" yet"

"But still. We should go"she said. Kailani walk in with kailee.

"We going too"kailani said.

"I can tell him myself"I said.

"You sure. You know how he is"kailee said.

"All three us know"kailani mumble.

I sigh looking at them. "Fine, y'all can help me. But when shit get to hot, back out"they nod their heads walking out the kitchen.

I hope he will be happy.