i- When Light Falls To Dark, Heroes Rise From The Ruins In A War Against Fate

★⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰★

One need not be a

graveyard to have skeletons,

One need not be a

wanderer to be lost,

One need not be a

hero to show courage,

One need not be an

evil to know darkness.

★⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰★

Peace never lasted,
nor was there a chance that any semblance of tranquility could possibly survive within a world drowning in hostility and aggression and bitterness— the bustling streets and timeworn countryside roads seldom free from skulking soldiers sending distrustful glares at simple townsfolk and dishonorable mercenaries alike, the kingdom war-torn and struggling internally and externally. The existing tension was strange— anyone even mildly self-conscious felt the hostility straining and monstrously bubbling like a festering wound leaking copious amounts of blood around infected edges without a sign of stopping soon —like a slow ascension before a monumental disaster that would shake the very foundations hopeless people heavily relied upon.

But, when there's an ascension, whatever goes up, must come down eventually.

Before the inevitable plunge, there's always a brief reprieve— a silence so chillingly resounding that everything comes to a complete standstill as if frozen, countless eyes, curious and equally horrified, watching and waiting to see if the consequential descent is enough to kill.

And then, chaos.

Hyrule Kingdom was indisputably supposed to be a safe haven for all, but every rule has an unfortunate exception— and a deeply inadequate monarch ready to demonstrate their incompetency when control is no longer a reachable option.

What most failed to realize under these dire circumstances is that, the mightier the fall of a civilization, the more afflicted those below would be than those aloft their comfortable thrones of gilded gold— like danger trickling down a small stream until it quickly gained momentum, becoming an untamable raging river that swept all into a untimely, watery grave. Although some attempted to foolishly brave the brewing threat and cushion the landing to prevent additional damage, nobody truly understood what triggered Hyrule to be ruthlessly kicked off its grand pedestal so suddenly— so suddenly it seemed suspiciously deliberate. With every long night passing with more death than not, nowadays, any quiet refuge was a rare, simple pleasure when even the unmovable heavens above seemed to be precariously teetering on the precipice of a destructive collapse.

And yet, despite the odds being against them, a small group was determined to continue fighting the internal discord— fighting and unwilling to lose.

A group that had suffered thanklessly.

A group that was dying.

A group that had dwindled to a meager one.

Beyond the distant horizon, dark and vengeful cloud formations hovered menacingly over Hyrule's mountainous land, blocking the twinkling stars from guiding the lost that were  pitifully begging for relief down below, but they were ultimately destined to be ignored. A light breeze restlessly stirred the deserted shadows slinking tendril-like limbs over those it claimed as victims, but a sudden bolt of crackling lightning made the black shrouds shatter from being exposed to the blinding light, revealing a chilling sight straight from the worst of suffocating nightmares, and then darkness hastily consumed the haunting scenery once more. A slight drizzle delicately whispered through the uncomfortably frigid nighttime air, the unexpected rainstorm's translucent silver threads toppling from the overcast heavens in piercing droves. Small raindrops chaotically pattered against nearby surfaces, and it was becoming more obvious by the seconds slowly ticking at a crawling pace that this gloomy evening would be dreadfully sleepless and unpredictably discomforting until morning arrived and a new day dawned upon the horrors humanity had to offer.