21

Please forgive any grammatical errors. I'm dead tired almost constantly now due to my college coursework and my internship. Thanks in advance for understanding! :,) Cheers, and happy reading!
-Liv <3

★⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰★

Cranium throbbing incessantly for some unknown reason, shivers restlessly rolled down Link's spine. Awakening quite grudgingly, an unexpected coldness encapsulated him the moment his consciousness sluggishly began operating once again. His fuzzy internal clock was minimally disordered and jumbled, somehow able to lethargically tell him daybreak appeared minutes from dawning. . . Extraordinarily untimely in Link's humble opinion.

Tossing and flipping over to catch a few more winks, a metal bolt gently locking alerted Link to his highly vulnerable position, unsettlingly jarring him from deep hibernation. Cerulean irises searching for immediate danger, Link exhaled thankfully, pinpointing the individual creating the subdued noise.

Apparently to avoid any uncomfortable awkwardness, or perhaps escape an early encounter altogether, (Y/n) had awoken hours before Link. How did he conceivably know? Well, his Hylian inspired ensemble was pleasantly dry and neatly folded on the oak nightstand beside her luxuriously warm bed, which he quickly slipped on. Sluggishly rubbing the lingering sleep from his abnormally energetic eyes, Link groggily reconverged with a fully dressed (Y/n) downstairs at the dining table, watching the fairly disciplined maiden bustle around unsurprisingly gracefully.

They shared a friendly greeting – Link noticing a wholesome breakfast was already whipped together – a contribution he wholeheartedly welcomed and greatly appreciated, of course. However, (Y/n) said very little during the whole, basically one-sided exchange – simply humming softly – the pronounced, insomniac bags flourishing beneath her nearly lifeless vermillion irises worrying the young lad.

Eating in brooding silence, (Y/n) wordlessly cleaned their accumulated mess after indifferently refusing Link efforts to help aside, gathering her reliable metal staff and gesturing Link to follow. Outside, their measured footfalls subsequently left distinctive imprints as they leisurely walked. Muddy puddles formed overnight as a consequence of yesterday's torrential downpour. The heavens above continued ominously rumbling while menacing, elephantine cumulonimbus clouds coiled and furled eerily, threatening another disastrous rainstorm. Unruly thunderheads blocked any radiant light, making it seem nightfall hadn't quite dissolved yet. Harsh breezes tempestuously howled at intermittent points, seeping through Link's clothes and absolutely chilling him to the bone.

The timeworn stone-studded streets were still massively deserted, just as they were yesterday evening whilst the terrible weather forced everyone indoors to seek shelter. Mumbling a bland comment that (H/n) Jr. and Epona were adequately fed and extremely content, (Y/n) absconded the area relatively slow, Link treading closely behind, confused.

(Y/n)'s awful mood rolled off her in palpable, disquieted surges. Perhaps she wasn't a cheery morning person? Link opened his mouth on several occasions, but couldn't gather the necessary courage to start a conversation, his concerns and stubbornness dying all too soon. Sighing inaudibly, he watched the almost hypnotic sway of (Y/n)'s long, complicated (h/c) braid swish to and fro mesmerizingly, raising a suspicious eyebrow when he caught a glimpse of gunmetal silver naturally bleeding into the ends.

Yet another unanswerable mystery bugging Link. Fundamentally good-natured, (Y/n) was impressionably trustworthy, albeit masterfully secretive. Honestly, she's too complicated of a jigsaw puzzle.

Blinking away his puzzlement, Link diverted his cerulean gaze upward to find distractions elsewhere, observing the invasive, undisturbed fog laying listlessly centimeters above groundlevel. Passing approximately a dozen charming houses, nothing looked out of the ordinary – the environment unusually peaceful compared to the expansive world beyond such a carefree agricultural town. Additionally wondering about the local culture, Link curiously inspected the precisely assorted billboards cluttered with announcements and advertisements speckled alongside the wide road, excitement beginning to gnaw at his ambition-filled thoughts.